SRT Transformation! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > SRT Transformation!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
davidshain
2012 KK Liberty 

SRT Transformation!

OK, heres the deal. So my Liberty Limited Latitude is a 2WD. Not really much one can do with it or about it. I appreciate you all and your suggestions as well. I am considering "transforming" my Liberty into a SRT version. However, I havent seen any 2012 models of SRT's anywhere to get an idea of what Im looking at getting as far as parts. She is black with limited chrome, 18" chrome wheels, stock suspension. I know I will need to lower it some, put 20" chrome five spoke wheels and that is fine since she doesnt get off road (Not Trail Rated! LOL) Im wondering what type of exhaust will sound ok with a V6 (no rice burner sound!), maybe a flowmaster 40 series with a nice chrome tip. Im going to plasti-dip the rest of the chrome trim and emblems black. Am I on the right track? Kinda sinister look! Input?

davidshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

If you go on Youtube there are quite a few exhaust videos for a Jeep Liberty to give you some ideas. There also have been a few exhaust questions on this forum you could search and read. Some people just cut off the resonator, some people simply replace the muffler, do both, or replace the whole system.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #3
BettyHumpter
2011 KK Liberty 

I removed the 50lb stock muffler and replaced it with a Thrush muffler, i also removed the resonator. It sounds quiet with some low tone rumble. Not rice at all.
BettyHumpter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
davidshain
2012 KK Liberty 

This is after I plast-dipped all chrome trim but the latitude badge and lock. Now to lower a bit, jet chip, cat back, and do something about those plastic/chime 18" wheels!

image-1938701425.jpg
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Plastidip the rims.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

It will still be NOTHING like a srt.
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
HMNG-Liberty
2012 KK Liberty 

install an Grand Cherokee srt8 engine while your at it.
HMNG-Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSOUSA View Post
He could get a similar look to a SRT. All SRT is a performance trim. Lower it give it a wider stance etc then turn to trying to work the engine and you can "make" a SRT-6.

Goodluck David. The there isn't much out there for the 3.7 and the Liberty itself. There's a few around here that lowered their KK for a more sport look though. I think it was Libertyrs or something like that. Try getting in touch with him.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
Cutelildevil666
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Plastidip the rims.
Yes, this! But I'm partial to black rims.
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
davidshain
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSOUSA
Well I'm not looking for it to be a true SRT! I just want the look of one. I'll put a Jet Chip, cold air intake, and a good cat back on it. So there!!
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Some things that come to mind if you want to make a street Jeep, would be low profile tires such as Pirelli or Continentals on 18-20"rims. Suspension companies I remember from my Maxima days were brands like KYB, Koni, Eibach, Energy Suspension, Addco.

The steel hood weighs about 2 tons, if a fiberglass one would reduce the weight if someone would make it but any weight reduction would be plus.

As far as engine mods, some people claim to have luck with Chips, and Air intakes. Keneth Bell made a supercharger for it, but when people installed in the 3.7 it blew it to pieces. Things like a forged Crank, Pistons and Piston rods would fix that.

The trans is another issue, a 5 or more speed would be much better, however, they way the geniuses at Chrysler engineered so you are stuck using the 42rle 4spd slush box.

Good luck in your build. Another thing you could do is trade it for a Nitro with the 4.0 and 5 spd.
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
TSGTBARCLAY

http://www.factoryreproductions.com/

For stock or larger factory rims. Awesome quality and price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
TSGTBARCLAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.