Squeak from front end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Squeak from front end

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Squeak from front end

I've developed quite an annoying squeak coming from what sounds like the front drivers side. I have recently installed JBAs arms but it seems as though the squeaking has just recently gotten bad. It does it over all small bumps but not noticeable over larger bumps (didn't notice is two tracking this weekend). It also doesn't seem to do it while I am applying the brakes. I just really hope its no the a-arm on the drivers side because it is such a PITA to get at.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm really thinking/hoping its the brakes because they haven't been changed in forever

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm also going to try disconnecting the front sway bar links and do a little city driving to see if that is the issue
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Ted15
2010 KK Liberty 

Did you tighten the a-arms with the tires in the air or resting with the weight of the vehicle on the ground?
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Did you tighten the a-arms with the tires in the air or resting with the weight of the vehicle on the ground?
Passengers side - on the ground
Drivers side - in the air... but then I knew that was a bad idea so took the d*mn thing apart again, loosened the bolts some, dropped it to the ground and retightened fml that was fun
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
khalilw
2011 KK Liberty 

Check the brake pads in the front and make sure that you have the 4 clips on them.

They look similar to this:

khalilw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.