Sport Utility Bars for KK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Sport Utility Bars for KK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
jeffs316
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sport Utility Bars for KK

whats up everyone....i've been looking around for sport utility rails for the lib.....so far ive just seeen the aluminum ones for like a buck fifty or so...anyone know where i can find black cross bars that comes w/ the attachments for under $200?

jeffs316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
otlip

I've gotten the Thule for 232.oo and free shipping. They come as a package deal crossbars and holders. I'm quite happy with them. Go to the thule site and you'll see that they are packaged and the google for the best price.

http://www.streetsideauto.com Very helpful and VERY fact delivery

Last edited by otlip; 08-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: add info
otlip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
jeffs316
2011 JK Wrangler 

can i fit 50" rails or 58"...i've been checking up on a bunch and i measured the lib and it comes to 4 feet from rail to rail so thats 48", just curious as to what size you have on.

thanks
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
mwegryn
2010 KK Liberty 

Here's Thule's Aero bars. They are a few more bucks, but have a nice look, and also come with locks for the rack. You can look at them on Thule's site. They are the 450R aero. I found them for about $60 cheaper than anywhere else. I think I am going to get these myself. JeepPartsPeople.com - Genuine Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories
mwegryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
jeffs316
2011 JK Wrangler 

what is the proper width, 50 inches or 58, i see conflicting numbers on different websites for new model jeep liberty?
Unread 08-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
mwegryn
2010 KK Liberty 

Thule suggests 58" for the square bar ones on their website, only because the 50's are to short. They are easy enough to trim down. The aeros need to be the 53" ones.
mwegryn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
otlip

Hi,

I have have the 50" bars which for me. Good luck
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
jeffs316
2011 JK Wrangler 

otlip....you have 50" bars? and they fit good? and are not to small?
Unread 08-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #9
otlip

I'll re-measure and get back to you
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #10
CajunPatriot
2011 KK Liberty 

Otlip, Can you measure the bottom of the bar to the roof of your Liberty? I have a Slider Roof but want see if those bars will clear my slider roof (closed of course). I'll add a Thule basket so I'll have the protection.
CajunPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #11
jeffs316
2011 JK Wrangler 

ok...just got my 50 inch malone brand cross bars in the mail...they work great....50 is just a tad short and i had to remove two black end stoppers but all in all it looks great...and man is it sturdy....58 inches is going to have a very long over hang so i think the 50's work well..they look like they came w/ the car....ill try to get pics if anyonne is interested..just gotta figure out how to send them on this fourm
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
otlip

Just measured, I have 3.25 inches bottom of bar to top of roof

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.