Spare Key Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Spare Key Needed

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
paga
2008 KK Liberty 

Spare Key Needed

My recent 2008 Liberty purchase included only 1 key (fob on the key head but not remote start) and since dealers are quoting $200 plus, I found an Ebay transponder key blank, but without the fob head. I am told I can have this programmed by dealer or locksmith for $30 - 40 but if used the alarm will sound when door is opened with this key and will stop when car is started. I can live with this from a spare key to save $$$, but are the facts as told to me correct? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by paga; 04-24-2011 at 11:30 AM..
paga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

I believe your facts are correct. You can buy chipped keys at True Value Hardware stores now. Unfortunately you will still have to go to the dealer to get it programmed. The good news is once you have two keys you can program more yourself. I purchased a complete key with remote control off eabay for $12 (uncut key) so watch.

Dave
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
paga
2008 KK Liberty 

wow...$12 is a steal...the chipped keys without remote are $10 - 15 at True Value and Ebay!
paga is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.