Spare key for my Liberty - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Spare key for my Liberty

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #16
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Actually getting into the vehicle is the easy part of a car theft, even one with an alarm system. The hard part is always getting it to start.

Unread 03-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

dont know if true but ake a look

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UNIQUE-C...0154bf&vxp=mtr
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

With my truck i only had 1 key.. I cut another but didn't know about chip. So it opened the door but didn't start it. But that's actually a good key to have stowed on outside of vehicle. Think about it. If you accident lock yourself out (key in ignition ) you just get your spare key, but if somebody looks, at least they can't steal your ride!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
If you read the entire listing, it does say that you need to have the TWO KEYS to program this new key that they are selling.
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
JeepJeepx
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper6413
With my truck i only had 1 key.. I cut another but didn't know about chip. So it opened the door but didn't start it. But that's actually a good key to have stowed on outside of vehicle. Think about it. If you accident lock yourself out (key in ignition ) you just get your spare key, but if somebody looks, at least they can't steal your ride!
Yea you are right, I'm thinking I'm just going to get another key cut just to open the door. That's the only reason I would need the second key, if I locked my keys in the car. Or If something happens to the keys that start my car at some point but if that ever happens ill handle buying the programmed key for $210 then.
JeepJeepx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
wreams
2011 KK Liberty 

Many locksmiths now have the factory scanners and program a factory key for less.
wreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #22
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeepx View Post

Yea you are right, I'm thinking I'm just going to get another key cut just to open the door. That's the only reason I would need the second key, if I locked my keys in the car. Or If something happens to the keys that start my car at some point but if that ever happens ill handle buying the programmed key for $210 then.
Trust me. It happened to be the best mistake I've ever made!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

I have an aftermarket remote start in my 08 Liberty, what I did is get a cheap unchipped key made and leave 1 remote for the remote starter hidden the arm rest storage.If you start your jeepo with the remote starter then put the unchipped key in the on position, the truck will keep on running as if it was a chipped key.Don t tell anyone but my unchipped key is duck taped on the back side of my rear license plate
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
mjcougler
2008 KK Liberty 

Spare key

To clarify, here is what I did. I had a plain Jane second key cut. Tell them you want them to cut it from a brass blank. I put a little grease on it and hid it under my car with a twisty-tie. In the bottom of my center console, under all the "stuff", is my third spare (factory original) electronic key (button side down). When you lock your keys in the car away from home, unlock the door and start the car with the electronic key, and re-hide the hide-a-key. But, do not hide the key while in your driveway where the neighbors can watch you.
mjcougler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #25
otlip

Go to Home Depot, just got a key for my sons Explorer
otlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.