Spare jacked in the night...what kind of cable will I need? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Spare jacked in the night...what kind of cable will I need?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

Spare jacked in the night...what kind of cable will I need?

Upon my first trip to the dealer for an oil change, they asked me if I was aware my spare is missing. Apparently the hot new thing is to clip this style of spare in 15 sec's and you'd never be the wiser.

I have to get ready for a road trip, gonna contact my local junkyard for a crappy spare and rim, they should be able to help me with the right size.

Any ideas on what to expect for the cable/chain that attaches it?
I haven't even seen it so I can't visualize what it looks like. Will I need to get
one from the dealer that is specialized for my make and model?

thanks a ton, you guys are the best..........

HeadshotSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

Have you thought about locking lugnuts?
TjinTopeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

Not really, I don't park in Chicago neighborhoods that will block up cars and it stays in a garage
in my backyard. just mainly concerned with getting 'roadworthy'.

btw the KK spare is underneath and a small cable clipper will drop the tire down and off it walks...
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

Wait a minute I just realized my profile says "KJ",
I forgot I joined this when the KK came out and there was no "KK" model on the forum yet!!
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

Oh I see I saw liberty and assumed it was on the back.
TjinTopeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadshotSK View Post
Upon my first trip to the dealer for an oil change, they asked me if I was aware my spare is missing. Apparently the hot new thing is to clip this style of spare in 15 sec's and you'd never be the wiser.

I have to get ready for a road trip, gonna contact my local junkyard for a crappy spare and rim, they should be able to help me with the right size.

Any ideas on what to expect for the cable/chain that attaches it?
I haven't even seen it so I can't visualize what it looks like. Will I need to get
one from the dealer that is specialized for my make and model?

thanks a ton, you guys are the best..........
You need to buy the whole assembly,the only way to get the cable and end.

$55 for the whole assembly,part # is 52125243AD.
Unread 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
HeadshotSK
2008 KK Liberty 

So apparently the word from the dealer parts guy is the compact (shown above pt#) goes for $70
for the small one that takes donuts, the full size one is for a full size wheel. They can only get the compact before I leave so I may have to order it today and it'll be in the dealer from the local warehouse before I leave.

I guess a donut is fine for emergency, it'll all be interstate so no need for a full size...

thanks for the helpl, and for the record, I got the winch off and there's no cable hanging out of the hole, I wonder if that could be evidence of 'winch failure' in which case that outta be covered?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.