Some pics of the wheelin yesterday - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Some pics of the wheelin yesterday

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 01-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Some pics of the wheelin yesterday

Don't have much because we spent most of the time driving. Have a video I am going to put on youtube soon and link. But here is what I have. The blue f150 we found out in the woods stuck. I had to drag him all the way to the road because he blew his rear drive shaft.

forumrunner_20120102_171610.jpg   forumrunner_20120102_171631.jpg   forumrunner_20120102_171647.jpg   forumrunner_20120102_171705.jpg   forumrunner_20120102_171721.jpg  

forumrunner_20120102_171739.jpg   forumrunner_20120102_171801.jpg   forumrunner_20120102_171811.jpg  
Unread 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Awesome!
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

Ordered some Dynapro ATM's over the weekend.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy
Ordered some Dynapro ATM's over the weekend.
Nice. Your gonna love them. They were freaking amazing. The other guy had some really aggressive MT retreads and I almost out performed him. If I had a few more inches ground clearance it would have been mint.
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
z06boy
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin11 View Post
Nice. Your gonna love them. They were freaking amazing. The other guy had some really aggressive MT retreads and I almost out performed him. If I had a few more inches ground clearance it would have been mint.
Cool deal...looks like you were having a blast.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Looks like a good time was had by all......well, maybe not the guy in the Ford truck who had to be towed out.

I appreciate you photos for another reason, they are a great reminder as to the limitations of the Liberty. After many years of owning a number of different Wrangler model Jeeps and looking at all the photos of what the off road ability of the Wrangler is. These photos do show the off road limits due to having too little ground clearance on the Libery. It appears that it doesn't take much to high center the Liberty. It also reaffirms the need to off road with the proper equipment or another vehicle.

These comments are not meant as a negative, but a reminder to proceed with care. The best tool you have for not finding yourself in a bad situation off road is on your head. Remember to use it before you head out on your own.
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
Looks like a good time was had by all......well, maybe not the guy in the Ford truck who had to be towed out.

I appreciate you photos for another reason, they are a great reminder as to the limitations of the Liberty. After many years of owning a number of different Wrangler model Jeeps and looking at all the photos of what the off road ability of the Wrangler is. These photos do show the off road limits due to having too little ground clearance on the Libery. It appears that it doesn't take much to high center the Liberty. It also reaffirms the need to off road with the proper equipment or another vehicle.

These comments are not meant as a negative, but a reminder to proceed with care. The best tool you have for not finding yourself in a bad situation off road is on your head. Remember to use it before you head out on your own.
Yeah. And I have skids so that takes away another inch or two of clearance. It is my opinion though, that ground clearance aside, the liberty is a formidable off road vehicle. I do plan on building a wrangler sooner or later. Its just a money/space thing right now. Maybe once I get taxes back I will toss on a JBA lift, see if that helps. Now don't get me wrong, I never plan on taking this rocking or anything super aggressive. Just some muddy trails and pits.
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I have the skid plate pkg also, but that really doesn't cost you any clearance issue. The big muffler is the worse design to go under an off road vehicle Jeep could have mounted below. That sucker is a monster just looking to get hung up on something.

I was also looking at adding the JBA lift. I will increase you approach and departure angles, but it will not provide any additional ground clearance with out going with a larger diameter tire.

I would still like to have the JBA for the difference in the ride of the vehicle it offers, but adding a $2K aftermarket suspension to a vehicle with a poor resale history just doesn't add up.

I know it may sound like I am being negative towards the Libery, but it is not intended to sound that way. I appreciate my KK, it will do what I purchased it for on an everyday basis. I am not sorry for buying it, I enjoy driving it. However, I do wish the vehicle was more popular, resulting in a better aftermarket for accessories and at more reasonable prices.
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

True you do have a point. The only other issue I have with lifting is voiding the warranty on a 2011 jeep with full factory remaining and extended. For right now its enough to keep me satisfied. Like I said I will eventually get a wrangler. I used to have a 98 2dr blazer that was lifted. That was pretty decent off road too. Maybe another one of those. The ZR2 model or something.
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

No, I say keep the Liberty and do the extras (lift, front and rear bumper, winch, light bar). I love the look and feel more people should explore the options and show others what the heart of the Liberty is all about. After all, it is Trail Rated and a Jeep.
I just, for my needs justify the expense of doing so while knowing that at any day my daughter could need to borrow my Liberty to haul the grandkids around. One of the bad parts of growing older....you tend to have saved some extra money to have fun with, but then forget how to have fun!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.