So she is now level... but... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > So she is now level... but...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

So she is now level... but...

It seems like the JBA UCA's are bottoming out. I know I read it somewhere that people have had this issue in the past. Question is, what is the fix? Did cutting the lower part of the hole where the UCA is fix it? Did leaving it alone cause any damage? Can't imagine this is a good thing. I didn't have these problems before I adjusted the front end higher, does this mean I need to lower it back to where it was?

heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges View Post
It seems like the JBA UCA's are bottoming out. I know I read it somewhere that people have had this issue in the past. Question is, what is the fix? Did cutting the lower part of the hole where the UCA is fix it? Did leaving it alone cause any damage? Can't imagine this is a good thing. I didn't have these problems before I adjusted the front end higher, does this mean I need to lower it back to where it was?
I didn't have these problems before I adjusted the front end higher, does this mean I need to lower it back to where it was?
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges View Post
By bottoming out are you saying they or the ball joint come in contact with the strut on full drop?

There were guys on the WK side having the same problem. They had to re-prototype, for lack of a better word, and rebuild the UCA. JBA that is.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Lifting too high does the same thing, springs hitting the UCAs
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

bummer guess its not going to be level then. Rake effect here I come.
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.