Snow/Ice Chains for my 2011 Jeep Liberty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Snow/Ice Chains for my 2011 Jeep Liberty?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
JeepLiberty2011
2011 KK Liberty 

Snow/Ice Chains for my 2011 Jeep Liberty?

Used some 70 dollar WalMart chains this last weekend up in Idyllwild mountains and they didn't preform all that well and had slack chain links that we had to constantly duct tape to keep from smacking the Jeep.

Anyone know of a higher quality set/brand of snow/ice chains?

JeepLiberty2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

You need to use tensioners ie bungie cords
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I carry Laclede tire chains, the alpine version. As was said, you should use tensioner cords, basically a bungie cord on the outside face of the wheel. Normally chains make a big difference in performance in snow and ice. Did you get actual chains, or the traction cables?
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
JeepLiberty2011
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
You need to use tensioners ie bungie cords
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
I carry Laclede tire chains, the alpine version. As was said, you should use tensioner cords, basically a bungie cord on the outside face of the wheel. Normally chains make a big difference in performance in snow and ice. Did you get actual chains, or the traction cables?
I used tensioners/bungie cords, it works okay I guess but it just seemed to make very little difference on the ice we were dealing with and there were extra links in the chains that stuck out on the inside of the wheel well and smacked the inside of the jeep, we didn't have bolt cutters with us and had to keep duct taping the extra links so they wouldn't damage the vehicle.
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
JeepLiberty2011
2011 KK Liberty 

//////////
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
AtTheHelm

/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!

/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.