Snorkel Kit for 09 Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Snorkel Kit for 09 Liberty

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
ProtoMan
2009 KK Liberty 

Snorkel Kit for 09 Liberty

I just got an 09 Liberty and i'm putting together an upgrade parts list...But i can't find any manufacturers that make a snorkel kit for this model/year. Any Help?

ProtoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

There isn't one
Unread 10-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Unfortunately tommudd is quite accurate.
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Would it be that hard to build one out of Rectangular section PVC pipe?
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
Would it be that hard to build one out of Rectangular section PVC pipe?

prob wouldnt look very good lol
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
prob wouldnt look very good lol
No, probably not.

Maybe you could modify one from a KJ? They use the same exact engine and the side profile of the roof/windshield angle is very close to the same. It might work.

Does anyone else find it irritating that so much good off-road gear is made for the nearly 20 year old bodystyle KJ but almost NOTHING is made for the newer KK? Makes me feel like the red-headed stepchild of the jeep family.
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

20 year old KJs ??? 2012 minus 2002 equals 10 years , of course that is not new math its the old style
You were not around when KJs first came out and there wasn't much for them was you?
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
No, probably not.

Maybe you could modify one from a KJ? They use the same exact engine and the side profile of the roof/windshield angle is very close to the same. It might work.

Does anyone else find it irritating that so much good off-road gear is made for the nearly 20 year old bodystyle KJ but almost NOTHING is made for the newer KK? Makes me feel like the red-headed stepchild of the jeep family.
When places started making stuff for the KJ most of the KJ world scoffed at them because of the prices,which where really no higher then for a TJ or such,so they pretty much stopped making stuff for the KJ and decided not worth it for the KK as they would get the same response.

Oh and like Tom stated the KJ's came out in March of '01,as model year 2002's,so it's been only about 10.5 years.
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

OMG *facepalm* I fail at math today.

In my defense, I plead exhaustion. My baby girl had me up a good part of last night, and at 41 I'm getting a bit old to be up all night anymore. Need. More. Coffee.
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:

In my defense, I plead exhaustion. My baby girl had me up a good part of last night, and at 41 I'm getting a bit old to be up all night anymore. Need. More. Coffee.
excuses excuses
41 you're still a young pup yet
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:

Don't sweat it,just rolled out of bed about 30mins ago myself feeling like I'm 104 years old.
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
When places started making stuff for the KJ most of the KJ world scoffed at them because of the prices,which where really no higher then for a TJ or such,so they pretty much stopped making stuff for the KJ and decided not worth it for the KK as they would get the same response.
Really? Because I can find TONS of gear out there for the KJs. Just do a Google search for "<random aftermarket gear> Jeep Liberty" and see what you get. 9 times out of 10 there will be a part for the Liberty. But it will be a KJ liberty, not a KK. That said, there is certainly WAY more gear out there for the various Wrangler variants than the KJs, but that's to be expected, they've been around way longer, and are still in production.

Also, assuming your comment regarding Liberty owner reaction to the parts costs is correct, perhaps the equipment builders failed to realize that with liberty owners they were breaking into a market previously untapped, the CASUAL off-roader. Casual off-roaders often simply don't have the budget available or justifiable for multiple thousands of dollars in basic parts, but they still want to have a capable vehicle.

I'm just frustrated that some of the really core gear that KK owners could and would buy is either hard to find, must be modded from stock meant for a KJ or another model jeep, must be custom-made at extreme cost, or is simply flat unavailable.

Of course, with the economy in the crapper for the last 4 years (and not likely to change with The Zero still in office) Hardly anyone has the spare money to buy tons of fancy aftermarket parts anyway, so I guess it's a wash.
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
AtTheHelm

What exactly is it your looking for? We've got lifts, lockers, bumpers, sliders and more available. Besides a lot of people not being able to afford luxory items I suspect a lot of people also just "want them available" but won't actually pay money for quality stuff.
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
What exactly is it your looking for? We've got lifts, lockers, bumpers, sliders and more available. Besides a lot of people not being able to afford luxory items I suspect a lot of people also just "want them available" but won't actually pay money for quality stuff.
Yeah that is the kicker.

Why have something when no one will buy it.Any company that is a death wish that they will not gladly take.
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post

Personally I'd like to see some reasonably priced front winch and rear tire-mount metal bumpers to replace the floppy plastic ones. The KJ has both available from ARB in the $1000 a pop range. The only one (front only) I've seen for the KK costs more than double that and is made only in Australia.

I don't get why the older model gets a quality bumper (and other parts) at good prices but KK owners have to pay through the nose or are left out in the cold.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.