Skyslider + Roofrails? Possible? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Skyslider + Roofrails? Possible?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

Skyslider + Roofrails? Possible?

Hey folks. The KK is at the very top of a short list of potential replacements for my aging Grand Cherokee.

My question is this.. Do any of you with the Skyslider roof have factory or aftermarket roof rails? I understand that the rails get deleted when you add on the skyslider, but is it possible to install the factory rails with or without modification? I love the idea of the skyslider but would love to have those side rails. Obviously you can make anything work if you put your mind to it.. Just wondering if there is a minimal modification route possible. I'm sitting here looking at the picture of the Liberator II concept and its the only time I've ever seen a Skyslider with the roof rails.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by cherox; 09-19-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: added picture
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
RudyKK87
2010 KK Liberty 

There have been people who have installed the factory roof rails on their KK with a skyslider.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...ilit=roof+rail

I don't know if it offers enough clearance so that a set of crossbars won't come into contact with the skyslider roof. Another option is this...

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjrails.html

...paired with this...

http://www.rocky-road.com/liberty_skyslider_rack.html

...if you want to have clearance for crossbars with an open skyslider.
RudyKK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

Thank you so much Rudy, that is exactly the information I was looking for
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
NYLibertyJet

Totally doable. U can order the rails from jeep. The hardest part I heard was removing the adhesive that hold on the existing covers. I'd try goo gone.
NYLibertyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Matt39754

I've done it and it works fine - very easy to install. I have a snowboard rack too and it holds 4 boards although I have to take the bindings off the downward facing boards.

You can't open the sky slider with the crossbars on (or snowboard rack) so I take that off when not in use which only takes 5 min. You can leave the side rails on indefinitely.

If you want more info send me a PM. I have an extra set of new side rails (MOPAR factory ones) that I could sell you at a discount as well if interested.
Matt39754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Atthehelm actually makes a nice set of rails. You check out his if you end up in the KK
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.