Skyslider NOT opening; grinding noise - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Skyslider NOT opening; grinding noise

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #76
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherox View Post
Looking into getting a Wrangler Unlimited or Cherokee Trailhawk.
Both would be sweet.
I just got a letter from the dealership saying I can trade mine in and get a 2014 for the same monthly payment. The Trailhawk was the first thing to come to mind.

Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #77
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

UPDATE: It's for sale, albeit at a different dealer than whom originally sold it to me

Do not buy this Jeep:
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8285/overview/

I'll be honest, when Chrysler gave me most of the money back that I put into the KK (less labor costs, time lost, etc,) I pretty much lost all right to complain. They offered me the extended warranty and employee pricing on any new Chrysler vehicle.. Which I am probably going to take advantage of soon. So, they made me a happy customer...

But, as a consumer.. I feel that this Jeep should come branded with a Scarlet Letter.. The roof broke 3 separate times under 2 different owners. Again, perhaps the servicing dealer didn't know what they were doing and it is nothing against the vehicle.. But I don't like how that will all be hidden in service records at the original dealer.. The only redeeming factor is this message imprinted prominently on the CarFax report:
Alert! This vehicle was reacquired by Chrysler Group,LLC pursuant to applicable state consumer warranty laws or to promote customer satisfaction. Reason provided by Manufacturer:
Sky slider roof comes off while driving

I understand the need to recoup losses, but this just doesn't feel right. A vehicle like this probably should've been parted out so it doesn't end up being a lawsuit at the end. I hope everyone who looks at it is able to discern from the multiple small but noteworthy blips on the carfax that there is more to the story.. And to the eventual buyer, may they get such a screaming deal to negate any future problems.

Lastly, I kick myself every day for installing my ATH front recovery system a mere week before the roof broke for the last time.. That was my favorite part.
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #78
jojosfountain

Mine is OK wind noise still driving me crazy!W-D it!
jeep-bling-2014-009.jpg  
0627131606.jpg

jojosfountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #79
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosfountain View Post
Mine is OK wind noise still driving me crazy!W-D it!
I got mine back in August from my local dealer. Driving out to school I hit I-20 out in West Texas and took it up to 100mph, and it was still quiet! I could hear the radio over it just fine, whereas before it was crazy loud over 60mph. It unfortunately still leaks quite a bit onto my headliner, but Jeep details the entire car every time that happens.
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #80
xafeod

My wife has a 2008 with a sky slider roof. It has 111000 miles on it. We have not had any issues ours so far.
xafeod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #81
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

Some of them work great and some fail early. Mine was accelerated by the sandstorms we get out in Lubbock. But the sky slider is definitely the weak point in this Jeep.
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #82
xafeod

Ours has been in Maine its whole life except a few trips to Pennsylvania.
xafeod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #83
jojosfountain

No leaks just huge wind noise!Like a rag top
jojosfountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.