Skyslider NOT opening; grinding noise - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Skyslider NOT opening; grinding noise

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

What would you do if you were in my situation? I'm looking for some advice.

As of this point, several calls to Chrysler Doesn't Care have been made. I'm being forced to drive to a dealer that I do not like (the selling dealer ~100 miles away) so that THEY can inspect the skyslider assembly. They will then likely attempt to refute the claims from my local dealer that their repair was done improperly (thus causing the failure on Sunday.) Will any dealer EVER admit fault when it is truly their mistake? I am expecting a huge fight when they try to pin it on me. Let me just make it clear that I have only even used the skyslider a few times in the four months that I've owned it. I have not abused, misused, or otherwise neglected it. I have not opened or closed it while in motion. I have not let snow or ice build up on the assembly.

I'm at a complete loss here. Even if the selling dealer fixes it, who is to say they will fix it properly. As mentioned here and there and everywhere before, most technicians have never touched a skyslider. They already improperly repaired it once.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know who to call. This just isn't right.

Thank you guys for listening and lending your support.

cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

What would I do? Take it any where possible to get fixed. Try to get a quote from at least 2 places, as I'd imagine they're going to try to make you pay for it. If you pay for it, call up Chrysler with your bill and see if they will help you out with it. Be as friendly (can be hard) as you can so you can hopefully get some quick and honest service. Tell them everything you've told us, and maybe try to get some photos/videos of BEFORE and AFTER the repairs get done. Good luck and keep us updated.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #18
Tjschatt

When I spoke to the three jeep dealers in my area the head mechanics all pulled me to the side and whispered for me to sell it. I refuse to give this issue to another unsuspecting individual so I am in the search process of finding an engineer or some other professional to find a permanent functional fix to this issue. Keep us posted on your progress with Chrysler.
Tjschatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #19
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

If you still have quite a bit of millage left on your warranty remaining, I would wait until you have other issues to repair and then bring it to the dealer to repair everything at the same time.If your jeep is still Under factory warranty, it might be possible to get an extended warranty on the Jeep ( for future peace of mind ).
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #20
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjschatt View Post
When I spoke to the three jeep dealers in my area the head mechanics all pulled me to the side and whispered for me to sell it. I refuse to give this issue to another unsuspecting individual so I am in the search process of finding an engineer or some other professional to find a permanent functional fix to this issue. Keep us posted on your progress with Chrysler.
That's a pretty piss poor way to treat a customer.
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #21
lakehimself

I feel like Chrysler doesn't care. My wife's jeep has had nothing but problems with her sky slider. It started leaking 2 weeks after she bought it. It has been to jeep 4 times and to the dealership she bought it from 4 times. She called Chrysler care yesterday and they told her they have no records of it being serviced. She called the dealership and they told us they would print the records for us. Chrysler told her since it is out of warranty now that we would have to pay to have it diagnosed. After my wife screaming at them for 30 min and getting no where we called the dealership we bought it from. They are supposed to schedule a time with there partner jeep dealership to fix it. In the meantime we keep getting hammered with snow and it keeps leaking. I'm pretty sure it has leaked into the rear door as it constantly tells me gate ajar and the some lights will not go off. I had to remove the fuse so the battery wouldn't die. On top of that the entire heat/AC controls have stopped working, now it just pumps hot air through the defrost vents. She loves her jeep but 8 times to the dealership on a year is a little obsurd.
lakehimself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #22
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakehimself View Post
I feel like Chrysler doesn't care. My wife's jeep has had nothing but problems with her sky slider. It started leaking 2 weeks after she bought it. It has been to jeep 4 times and to the dealership she bought it from 4 times. She called Chrysler care yesterday and they told her they have no records of it being serviced. She called the dealership and they told us they would print the records for us. Chrysler told her since it is out of warranty now that we would have to pay to have it diagnosed. After my wife screaming at them for 30 min and getting no where we called the dealership we bought it from. They are supposed to schedule a time with there partner jeep dealership to fix it. In the meantime we keep getting hammered with snow and it keeps leaking. I'm pretty sure it has leaked into the rear door as it constantly tells me gate ajar and the some lights will not go off. I had to remove the fuse so the battery wouldn't die. On top of that the entire heat/AC controls have stopped working, now it just pumps hot air through the defrost vents. She loves her jeep but 8 times to the dealership on a year is a little obsurd.
The gate ajar is typically due to a bad seal around the flipper glass, not the skyslider. Water gets through the seal and corrodes the gate switch. There is a TSB around here somewhere for it. Where is yours leaking from?
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #23
lakehimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb
The gate ajar is typically due to a bad seal around the flipper glass, not the skyslider. Water gets through the seal and corrodes the gate switch. There is a TSB around here somewhere for it. Where is yours leaking from?
Everywhere, it leaks on the front pillars, through the front dome light, the middle pillars, and finally all the way in the back between the rear window and the rear door. Every time it leaks we get a new water mark in the fabric.
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #24
lakehimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb
Now the whole door stopped opening, not just the glass
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

UPDATE:

Brought the KK down to the selling dealer expecting a huge fight. After talking to the sales manager and the service manager, it has been confirmed that my local dealer is truly the culprit and deserves my anger more than anything else. I had heard all kinds of stories and have never felt right about them, but they are right down the street.

There is no way that my local dealer took the headliner down to actually inspect the skyslider. They just went off of service records and used the fact that it had been repaired before as justification to not muck with it. Because they put that on record, Chrysler was backing their statement of "repaired improperly at selling dealer."

Speaking of the selling dealer:
-They are replacing the whole assembly, instead of just the broken pieces per Chrysler, free of charge.
-They have supplied me a rental car (2013 Jeep Compass FWD,) free of charge.
-They assured me that I will have a warranty on the part for 12 months regardless of the factory warranty on the vehicle.
-They did not accuse or fight me on anything.

Supposedly the Jeep will be done tomorrow, but I won't be able to pick it up until the weekend anyways. I will keep you updated.
Unread 02-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #26
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherox View Post
UPDATE:

Brought the KK down to the selling dealer expecting a huge fight. After talking to the sales manager and the service manager, it has been confirmed that my local dealer is truly the culprit and deserves my anger more than anything else. I had heard all kinds of stories and have never felt right about them, but they are right down the street.

There is no way that my local dealer took the headliner down to actually inspect the skyslider. They just went off of service records and used the fact that it had been repaired before as justification to not muck with it. Because they put that on record, Chrysler was backing their statement of "repaired improperly at selling dealer."

Speaking of the selling dealer:
-They are replacing the whole assembly, instead of just the broken pieces per Chrysler, free of charge.
-They have supplied me a rental car (2013 Jeep Compass FWD,) free of charge.
-They assured me that I will have a warranty on the part for 12 months regardless of the factory warranty on the vehicle.
-They did not accuse or fight me on anything.

Supposedly the Jeep will be done tomorrow, but I won't be able to pick it up until the weekend anyways. I will keep you updated.
Interesting. Sounds like great service to say the least. Don't let your guard down, but still try your best not to show any aggravation. Don't need to piss anyone off that might be seeing you again somewhere down the road (hopefully not till a LONG time).
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
Interesting. Sounds like great service to say the least. Don't let your guard down, but still try your best not to show any aggravation. Don't need to piss anyone off that might be seeing you again somewhere down the road (hopefully not till a LONG time).
X2

My boss always use to say start with sugar then end with salt.
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #28
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Amen. I really am glad that I refrained from writing a review about my buying experience originally. That would've bit me in the butt.
Unread 02-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #29
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherox View Post
Amen. I really am glad that I refrained from writing a review about my buying experience originally. That would've bit me in the butt.
Did you get it back yet? I'd take some pictures of anything obvious they did when you get it back.
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #30
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

Well, it would be my luck. Mine broke today. The back portion jumped the drive assembly and won't reattach. The drive assembly doesn't appear to be connected to the cables anymore. And of course, the roof is stuck open with snow on the way in the next few days.
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.