SkySlider - any issues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > SkySlider - any issues

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #16
supazar
2010 JK Wrangler 

My wife has a 2008 Liberty Sport with a SkySlider roof. After 2 years and 30,000+ miles we have had no issues what so ever. You definitely hear road and wind noise but it's never bothered either one of us, and my wife complains about everything. I'm definitely a big fan of the roof and it's design.

supazar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #17
lukes
2009 KK Liberty 

Well after an additional two days at the service centre I finally have the kk back home. They apparently had the wrong parts delivered ( that's what they told me anyway) and all is apparently ok for now. I took it through it's paces on a freeway not far from here and there was some noise on the outside of the car at 110kph but nothing like before. The one gripe I have with the service department ( besides keeping my car for a longer than expected period and not providing a loaner) is the condition the car was returned to me. I would have thought any reasonable mechanic would wash their hands before working on the headliner of any car and to return it with grubby handprints is less than professional. There is another strange anomaly with the headliner, it appears to have a crease in it , possibly from being folded up whilst they were working on it so I'm hoping that within a few days it will sort itself out but apart from that all is good. Thanks for your help Andy, without the TSB number I may well be going around in circles.
lukes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
Liberty2008

So this TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 23-013-08... what does it do? I have an 08 with lots of road noise. I haven't had a single issue with the roof itself, but would love to reduce the road noise. I'll call the dealer but would like to know more before I tell them i have this issue. thx
Liberty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:24 AM   #19
lukes
2009 KK Liberty 

From what I understand ( I asked the mechanic while he was cleaning his fingerprints from the headliner) the front aluminium bar was replaced with a stronger one. He mentioned drilling something but didn't explain himself very well. Oh yeah, I also found out that the crease in the headliner was due to the fact that 2 clips which were supposed to be included in the kit were missing and he had to re-use the old clips which had lost some of their tension- obviously I asked them to order in the new clips.
lukes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #20
PriceMoore

Skyslider Wind Deflector

I don't know if everyone knows but I made a deflector for the top that seems to diminish the wind noise well.
PriceMoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #21
matt1u2
1977 CJ5 

The shop has to clean my liner everytime I pick it up. They are currently trying to repair the fact my top is pulling away in the front and back. The top is attached with double stick tape. The dealership is fighting to replace the hole top because replacing the tape isn't working.

Do you have a pic of the wind deflrctor?
matt1u2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #22
jeepster09
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceMoore View Post
I don't know if everyone knows but I made a deflector for the top that seems to diminish the wind noise well.
is the deflector for top open or top closed?
jeepster09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.