sky slider issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > sky slider issue

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
tpabimmer

sky slider issue

yo forum ... new to all this ... so bear with me .... daughter has an '08 liberty with the sky slider ... has always worked really well ... she loved it ... UNTIL today .... issue is with it closing and locking in ... i will try my best to "describe" what i see .... there are two little "cars" that move within a track for each side .... and the "cover" seems to attach to these little "cars" that either push it open or close it .... BTW, we're talking about it opening from the FRONT of the jeep ....the little car on the PASSENGER side seems to be "stripped" .... i have detached the "cover" ... and the little "car" on the DRIVER'S side moves like a champ ... BUT, the passenger side moves sometimes ... (with some finger help) ... but won't move past a certain point when opening .... and as for closing, it is as if, when whatever actually moves the little "car" catches up with it ... it will then move ...but won't fully lock in ... apologies for the description .... but having been on a 'busa forum and a bmw forum ... i have found that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will pretty much understand my frustration, abd "strange" description of the issue...lol ... any help will be greatly appreciated !!!! thanks again all

tpabimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabimmer View Post
yo forum ... new to all this ... so bear with me .... daughter has an '08 liberty with the sky slider ... has always worked really well ... she loved it ... UNTIL today .... issue is with it closing and locking in ... i will try my best to "describe" what i see .... there are two little "cars" that move within a track for each side .... and the "cover" seems to attach to these little "cars" that either push it open or close it .... BTW, we're talking about it opening from the FRONT of the jeep ....the little car on the PASSENGER side seems to be "stripped" .... i have detached the "cover" ... and the little "car" on the DRIVER'S side moves like a champ ... BUT, the passenger side moves sometimes ... (with some finger help) ... but won't move past a certain point when opening .... and as for closing, it is as if, when whatever actually moves the little "car" catches up with it ... it will then move ...but won't fully lock in ... apologies for the description .... but having been on a 'busa forum and a bmw forum ... i have found that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will pretty much understand my frustration, abd "strange" description of the issue...lol ... any help will be greatly appreciated !!!! thanks again all
First of all, welcome to the forums. The sky slider can be a very expensive fix and although I have never had issues with mine, make sure that she isn't operating it at higher speeds. I know it seems inconvenient, but I never open or close mine at speeds greater than 40 MPH
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
First of all, welcome to the forums. The sky slider can be a very expensive fix and although I have never had issues with mine, make sure that she isn't operating it at higher speeds. I know it seems inconvenient, but I never open or close mine at speeds greater than 40 MPH
x2. I actually try to not use it at all if I'm driving. If there is a traffic light or stop sign approaching, that's the perfect opportunity to open or close it.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Seadoodude
2008 KK Liberty 

my daughter also had the liberty with sky slider. exact same issue after light use on a new replacement roof. Passenger side track cars in front and back are not gripping the screw cable. It's poorly designed and has been nothing but problems, which she doesn't need at college. Got her a Nissan and not sure if I can sell Jeep as is or try to fix it again. I know it's an expensive fix. Any advice?
Seadoodude is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.