Sky Slider 45inch wind deflector! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Sky Slider 45inch wind deflector!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 10-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
Tjschatt

Mine works well so far, just make sure you don't block the pop up wind screen with it. the sky slider is one of those things that was too good to be true. I am so afraid to use it in fear it will break and cost me more money than I have! Good luck with your purchase!

Tjschatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
zane870
2008 WK 

This is a very good find!

2011 KK Liberty Jet Edition (Wife's)
zane870 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsbr View Post
Hello all, I have been looking at the forums here for a few weeks now. I just picked up my very first Jeep!
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
coltsbr
2008 KK Liberty 

I just received my vent visor from the UK today that I'm going to use around my Sky Slider. Anyone have any update on how it affect MPG or does it put any extra strain on any part of the slider?

I see from the second picture its on right before the pop up air deflector, is that the best place to install it?

Thanks
coltsbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
Tjschatt

My experience is that the visor blocks the wind that causes the noise and bends the skyslider tips back causing leaks and strain. As far as I can tell gas mileage is the same and it does it's job. I am actually wondering if I should remove the factory pop up visor now. Just make sure you follow the proper directions to strip the wax before sticking the 3m tape it it will cause whistles from the gaps. Good luck and I hope it work for you as well as it does me.
Unread 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #21
dgcarnut
KK Liberty 

Sky Slider deflector

I went to order this deflector off the link you provided from the UK, but I noticed that it requests a choice between 2 sizes with 38.5in being the largest, but when I measured the width of my Sky roof it was closer to 41in. what deflector can I buy to quiet this wind noise down?!?! I've been to the local dealer twice with no improvement or help. I can't believe Jeep hasn't come out with a deflector made for this sliding canvas roof. help!
dgcarnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:00 AM   #22
Tjschatt

Maybe they discontinued the 45 inch model? Call them and ask because the 45 inch fits perfect and I don't believe there are many alternatives to that one I have found
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:11 AM   #23
coltsbr
2008 KK Liberty 

I was kind of surprised that Jeep did not have anything also. That's strange that that place in the UK does not have the 45" one any longer. But might be worth a call to ask. I'm waiting for warmer weather to come around to install mine. Other than seeing Youtube videos with some people adding weatherstripping under the front section to reduce the wind noise I have not seen anything else. I also have not tried that. But let us know if you find anything else out there.
coltsbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #24
jmic0925
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjschatt
Maybe they discontinued the 45 inch model? Call them and ask because the 45 inch fits perfect and I don't believe there are many alternatives to that one I have found
This was an email I received from the company...

"Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately, we are struggling to receive these deflectors back in from the manufacturer.
It is unlikely that we will be supplying these again, because of this.
Is there anything else that you were interested in?"
jmic0925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #25
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

I found this company on EBay. They have the deflector on there as well and confirmed to me today that they do in fact have the 45 in stock.
Official photographer of White Jeep #134
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #26
jmic0925
2012 KK Liberty 

What company? Do you have a link?
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #27
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

Its the Direct4x4. Same company that was originally linked. Mine hasn't shipped yet but I didn't buy until Saturday but they did message me that it was in stock.
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #28
jmic0925
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNut
Its the Direct4x4. Same company that was originally linked. Mine hasn't shipped yet but I didn't buy until Saturday but they did message me that it was in stock.
I just checked their page. You payed $200 for that?! I think that is a little out of hand.
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #29
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

No I paid $132.29
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #30
jmcwms
2008 KK Liberty 

New member here. '08 Liberty with Skyslider.

Just an FYI, I contacted the vendor listed above regarding the 45" wind deflector. The email response was that they no longer carry one that size. I also looked at the Ebay store for the same company and the 45" is listed as not available until February 2014...

I anyone locates the 45" model, please post it; I am very interested in this as a solution to the wind noise.
jmcwms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.