Skid Plates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Skid Plates

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
collins1888
2009 KK Liberty 

Skid Plates

Besides factory what are my other options? I'm mainly looking for differential, t-case, transmission, and drive shaft protection. Just looking to broaden my horizon before i jump in and buy

collins1888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

I did a quick google search and honestly it seems most skids out there are for the KJ platform. There's always justforjeeps.com but if you're going Mopar oem I would get ahold of the parts dept. at a local Jeep dealer - should save you some $ in shipping.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/fueltank.html

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Not entirely sure what's out there as far as aftermarket skids. Mopar might be one of the only, if not the only producer of skids as of now. Someone might know otherwise though.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
collins1888
2009 KK Liberty 

Yea I talked to a local Jeep Dealership that has an off road center and they said right now the only skids out there are the Mopar ones.
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Any protection is better then no protection lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Only problem with the mopar skids is they eat up a lot mud. I spent 2 hours pulling the mud out by hand and pressure washing it the last time I went out. They are beneficial for rock protection but they come at a price.
Unread 01-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
collins1888
2009 KK Liberty 

yeah I'm sure they are expensive. I plan to do mostly rock and not so much mud. I do need to post pictures on here of my rig though lol. 2inch daystar lift, 245-75-16, falken wildpeaks. This is my last big needed for wheeling lol
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
cda7333
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by collins1888 View Post
yeah I'm sure they are expensive. I plan to do mostly rock and not so much mud. I do need to post pictures on here of my rig though lol. 2inch daystar lift, 245-75-16, falken wildpeaks. This is my last big needed for wheeling lol

Don't mean to go off topic but how do u like the wildpeak tires so far?
cda7333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
collins1888
2009 KK Liberty 

I love them. Had a few inches of snow a few weeks ago and they did great in it. I have not used them for serious offroading yet, just some fire roads and they did great. Could have tested them out on a water crossing that had a sandy bottom but being out there by myself I figured I wouldn't quite yet lol. They are quite at all speeds, just a little heavy. I love the look of them, they're different then other A/T, a little more aggressive looking. But I love them I just need to put some wheel spacers to make them look even better. But that will come in a few weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.