Should I get my jeep looked at under warranty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Should I get my jeep looked at under warranty?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
dtbingle
2011 KK Liberty 

Should I get my jeep looked at under warranty?

There's a few things I noticed that don't seem right on my jeep and wonder if I should have it looked at and if it can be taken care of under warranty (6k miles/1 year left). I was wondering if anyone else had any of these problems and what they did about it. This jeep also hasn't had any accidents or previous owners.

1) Tow/haul button sticks down and I have to pop it back up with a knife or blade. I've never spilled anything sticky on it and I regularly clean it.

2) The top of the driver door has a small collision point with the frame of the car when it's closed. There is a spot on the door and frame where the paint has been chipped/scratched off due to this. I'm assuming it's been like this out of the factory and that the paint has just started rubbing off over the 2 years that I've had it.

3) Driver window switch has to be pulled up harder/farther then the other three windows on the driver control panel

4) Rubber seal running from the rear tire well along the bottom of the back seat door entrances is loose and always falls down. I constantly have to push them back into place.

dtbingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Number 4 I noticed when I had my tires rotated. No big deal just pop it back up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Jeepers20
2012 KK Liberty 

I have the same problem#4 I keep pushing it back in too, its the least of my concerns with this Jeep right now...
Jeepers20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
dtbingle
2011 KK Liberty 

Yeah #4 is becoming one of those things where it's a routine to check before getting in every time haha
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

I have the #1 issue as well. Annoying as hell but I haven't had it looked at yet.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

#1 The tow/haul button will stick if it pushed down at an angle (with any sideways pressure). I played around with it and found a way of pushing it in that doesn't cause it to get stuck. Try pushing as straight down as possible.
#2 I got some Mopar touch up paint for $13 that I use periodically.
#3 If the switches aren't working as they should, I would visit the dealer under warranty. Otherwise I would visit a junkyard and pick up a spare switch bank for cheap and swap it out. The same switches are used in almost every 4 door Chrysler Vehicle from 2007-present.
#4 I had this too. A good bit of RTV silicone took care of it.
Unread 10-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
dtbingle
2011 KK Liberty 

Thanks for posting everyone so I know that most of these problems aren't just happening to me haha. Going to take it in to the dealership sometime this week hopefully and I'll post back what they covered, etc
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

I've had the #1 as well. Mashing the hell out of it from time to time keeps it free. I think it gets some dirt or something in it. I don't have any of the rest at 30000 miles.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
dtbingle
2011 KK Liberty 

Okay so I dropped my Jeep off at the dealership today and they took a look. Surprisingly, my experience with the dealership went very well. Just about everything was covered under warranty. They ordered a new tow/haul switch + assembly and a new driver side window switch control panel thing. They also looked at the loose rubber seal and said there was a few small cracks so rather then just glue it back on, they would replace both of them as well. That stuff was all covered free under warranty, but for the chipped paint on the top of driver door/frame, he just ordered touch up paint in my color for $10. All in all, worked out pretty good.
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Thanks...I think I've been cursed. My transfer has sprung a leak. Putting it up on ramps tomorrow to check it out. Just fixing to hit 30000 miles.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbingle View Post
Okay so I dropped my Jeep off at the dealership today and they took a look. Surprisingly, my experience with the dealership went very well. Just about everything was covered under warranty. They ordered a new tow/haul switch + assembly and a new driver side window switch control panel thing. They also looked at the loose rubber seal and said there was a few small cracks so rather then just glue it back on, they would replace both of them as well. That stuff was all covered free under warranty, but for the chipped paint on the top of driver door/frame, he just ordered touch up paint in my color for $10. All in all, worked out pretty good.
Roseville?
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
dtbingle
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt View Post
Roseville?
I would have if I were home...up at school now in the UP about 10 hours away from roseville haha
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Oh. I was gonna say that Roseville has a great service department.

Express Lube in the back can't change oil properly if the engineers were sitting right there with them.
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

By all means have your Liberty inspected while under warranty when Chrysler sends you the card to have it inspected. i waited a month and was told my life time power train warranty was voided because I didn't come in on time. I called Chrysler and they just read the sales contract to me and basically said tough beans.
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch2fan View Post
By all means have your Liberty inspected while under warranty when Chrysler sends you the card to have it inspected. i waited a month and was told my life time power train warranty was voided because I didn't come in on time. I called Chrysler and they just read the sales contract to me and basically said tough beans.
No lifetime powertrain warranty on a 2011.

... plus the topic doesn't have one issue related to powertrain anyway.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.