Should I Buy KK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Should I Buy KK?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Scorpio1137

Should I Buy KK?

Hi,
I have my eye on a 2008 KK CRD Limited. I Love it, but my family are telling me to stay well away from JEEP. I think they have heard stories of people who have had a jeep and its had a lot of problems. Please talk me into buying this car and okay you can be honest and tell me if youve had problems with the car. Cheers. Anita

Scorpio1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I love my Jeep, its the greatest vehicle and even after 2 years i look forward to every day i drive it. Jeeps are dependable as long as you dont neglect them and take good care of them. Also its a Jeep, not a CAR
Also i would LOVE to have a CRD
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio1137 View Post
Hi,
I have my eye on a 2008 KK CRD Limited. I Love it, but my family are telling me to stay well away from JEEP. I think they have heard stories of people who have had a jeep and its had a lot of problems. Please talk me into buying this car and okay you can be honest and tell me if youve had problems with the car. Cheers. Anita
I've now had my '09 KK for 1 week shy of 1 year and I love it. For me, it is the great balance between creature comforts with seating for 5 needed every week as well as internal hauling capability needed on occassion for various family / remodeling projects and then with a lift and good tires, it has some real off-road capability. I've really enjoyed learning about off-roading and working with my dad installing and creating various modifications, yet keeping it fully usable as my daily driver (especially in winter).

I have not had any mechanical or electrical problems of any sort, and that includes after taking it off-road harder than most probably do. No issues with the electronics (uConnect radio head unit, wireless bluetooth connection, GPS Nav, rear DVD headsets I had installed, etc.).

Assess your needs, if you really need a mini-van, then get a mini-van, if you want a really capable 4wd SUV that is a good balance between creature comforts and streetable manners versus true 4wd capabilities, then I am confident the KK is a great selection.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nothing wrong with Jeeps. Every manufacturer has their problems now and again. Look at Toyota. Their reputation sure took a turn recently.

My brother drives a Wrangler, my dad has a '95 Cherokee, I've had 2 '98 Cherokees, and my wife has the '09 Liberty. Once you get one you'll be hooked. Go for it. They're fun.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:29 AM   #5
ukliberty
2003 KJ Liberty 

I am guessing you are UK based - the car is not the issue its the dealers - they can be expensive compared to others.
What people do not appreciate with a jeep is its not a RAV4 or Honda CRV, these are just big cars - the Jeep is different in every way.
I have had my KJ CRD for 7 years now and not a problem and the KK is more refined but if all you are going to do is a school run and a bit of shopping then keep away as Jeeps perform best when they are really used. Every time I see one with issues they tend to be low milers which undertake short runs. They are great high milers and last time I saw there was a KJ on here with 350K and that was some time ago.
I personally would buy a KK, but its a bit hard to justify one when the KJ has nothing wrong, has had nothing go wrong and is built in such a way my two kids seem to use the interior as a trampoline without damaging it.

Hope you will be happy with your choice whatever it ends up being.
ukliberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.