SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 04-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #31
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
I hate when I inform the service department that there is a TSB and provide the number of that TSB and they act like they don't know what I am talking about. I made the service appointment a week ago and emailed them about the TSB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCody View Post
They Act Clueless because they usually are forced to do it Free:
Where are you getting the idea that dealers don't get paid when they fix the vehicle? They do.

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #32
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares

Where are you getting the idea that dealers don't get paid when they fix the vehicle? They do.
I didn't say it. LOL

I love my Jeep. I actually love my service department at my dealership (Elmwood Dodge Chrysler JEEP Ram in East Providence, RI for a plug). It was just a tad frustrating to have to make a return trip for something they were informed about. The repair has been done. Now I'll watch the clock for its effectiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #33
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

My dealer said they fixed my clock problem by reflashing the clock. Apparently, that's not the fix. I also had only one key with me as I was in for a problem they SHOULD'VE fixed under warranty, or at least looked at it. Well, they "serviced" the vehicle, without seeing that the drivers brake light was out, flat out refused to even look at the vibration problem because of my lift and tires and said the clock TSB was done. ARRGH I HATE that dealer. (Free Martin in Barberton) Sorry, but Chrysler shut down some very good dealerships and left open some very bad ones. Now, since I bought it there, nobody else wants to cover any issues that come up with it. I seem to get the "too bad, should've bought it here" attitude. I'm not the only one either. Rant over.
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

I have to admit I am pretty lucky having a decent relationship with my dealer. I had just that one issue with the return for the TSB. Otherwise they have treated me pretty fair and reasonable. By all means, rant on about your dealer experience. Someone will make note of it.

Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #35
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
they get paid per the service sheet which is no where what they get from reg service and if that service sheet says it takes .60 hr but it takes 2 days, they do not get paid for two days. Chrysler doesn't own the Dealerships so they can't control them, As much, LOL....
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #36
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Confessions of a Car Dealership Service Manager

by Popular Mechanics
What's the single best piece of advice you'd offer to a friend about servicing his car at the dealer?

A dealer won't come right out and say it, but if you have your regular service work done at the dealer... (because warranty work pays the dealer a lot less than service work), your value to the dealership increases. Here's an example: Suppose your vehicle goes out of warranty and a week later you have a catastrophic failure. If you have shown loyalty to the dealership by using them for regular service work, they will be more inclined to help you—as opposed to the person who buys a car there and takes it somewhere else for regular service, and only brings it in for warranty work.

So it's about building a relationship with the dealer?

Yes. You need to know that dealers make very little on car sales. And warranty service doesn't pay as much as regular maintenance. But if they see that record that you've been loyal to them, they'll likely be loyal to you.

Read more: Confessions of a Car Dealership Service Manager - Popular Mechanics
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #37
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
What my words didn't say but my Brain was thinking it, A TSB is Volunteer Action on Chrysler end and it can't be forced, so if a Dealership does a repair that they didn't receive the TSB, they do not get paid for that unauthorized Job
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #38
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
I have to admit I am pretty lucky having a decent relationship with my dealer. I had just that one issue with the return for the TSB. Otherwise they have treated me pretty fair and reasonable. By all means, rant on about your dealer experience. Someone will make note of it.

That's funny, that's the exact advise they have, is to have a Good Relationship with Dealer....lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.