SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

So what about for the MK's there Jeepcares? We have the same problem. Or at least mine does.

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
pclilien
2012 KK Liberty 

I have had the swap done but haven't noticed a difference with the fob yet. Just a reminder again that if you get the fix done, take all your keys in as they have to reprogram them.
pclilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g View Post
So what about for the MK's there Jeepcares? We have the same problem. Or at least mine does.
"They" know about it, but I don't know any timing on any fix.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
jeepster1947
2012 KK Liberty 

clock loses time

My kk was built May 2012. It loses several minutes a week. I don.t understand how changing these components will solve the issue...unless Jeep continued installing faulty parts right up to the bloody end of production.
jeepster1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #20
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster1947 View Post
My kk was built May 2012. It loses several minutes a week. I don.t understand how changing these components will solve the issue...unless Jeep continued installing faulty parts right up to the bloody end of production.
Besides the modules themselves, the software is different.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
sgtmajor138
2009 JK Wrangler 

So if I have a 2008 model, the only way I am getting this fixed is if I want to pay for the module and labor myself? Even though they know it is a faulty part? Sounds like a crappy way to treat customers to me.
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmajor138
So if I have a 2008 model, the only way I am getting this fixed is if I want to pay for the module and labor myself? Even though they know it is a faulty part? Sounds like a crappy way to treat customers to me.
Welcome to being a jeep owner! Lol. Same think happened to me with my grand Cherokee.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #23
iluvmyjeep

I have a 2012, and this is something that I am used to, my 2002 Durango did the same thing
iluvmyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
liberty11

Just got my module switched out. Guess we will see if it fixes the problem. Should know in the next couple of weeks if it works.
liberty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #25
pclilien
2012 KK Liberty 

Had mine fixed two weeks ago. Clock had been losing about 2 min a week. Now it is still within 5 sec of the time I set it
pclilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #26
jeepster1947
2012 KK Liberty 

Loses time

My '12 kk left the factory 5/12 and it also loses time. One would think if there is really a fix for this it would be incorporated into recent production. Has anyone completed the related TSB and it was actually fixed?
jeepster1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
showle
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by showle View Post
After reading this post, and since I had an oil change scheduled for today too, I took in my jeep and told them about the problem with my clock and that Jeep has a service bulletin out about it. My Liberty is a 2012 Latitude 4x2, and I've had it since brand new for only 8 months. It's the regular stereo with bluetooth, so it does not have a 'dvd screen' or navigation.

After waiting in the waiting room for about an hour, they came and got me, and said that the oil change was completed, but that they could not 'reproduce the problem' when it came to the clock. I had to explain that they would not notice a problem just by watching the clock for a few minutes, because it loses only about two minutes a week, not enough to see immediately. I don't think that they believed me Maybe they thought that I was trying to get a new stereo for free under warranty? In any event, he said that he had never heard of the issue before and that nobody knew about any service bulletin. So guys, take it from me, when you go to your dealership, bring with you the service bulletin number-- I wish I had.

So anyway, he went back into the back, saying that he'll try to find out more information. He came back about five minutes later, still with a doubting look on his face, and said that he would 'order a part' and call me when the part came in. Which part, he did not say, which makes me wonder if he ordered the right thing, or if he was just trying to keep my happy but still had no idea what I was talking about. Guess we'll see At least he was trying, because sometimes you'll buy a car from a place and they absolutely do not care what happens to you after the sale, and will come right out and tell you 'too bad, go away!' if you bring them anything more than the easist and cheapest issue.

Okay, they called me and said that the part was in, so I took the Jeep in for the fix. They had the car a day, then called me asking why the car was there I reminded them of the reason, and this time they told me that yes they know there's an issue, but that there was no known fix. So, I read to them what the service bulletin said over the phone, and they said the would call me back. Nobody called back that day, but the next day I had my Liberty back with a perfectly working clock. Hasn't lost any time at all, and it's been three weeks now since the fix. So while I did have to jump through hoops, they did get it fixed, and free under warranty too.

When you go, just make sure you give them both sets of keys, like an earlier poster pointed out.

Last edited by showle; 02-27-2013 at 12:19 AM..
showle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just had a TSB issue with my 12 Mustang last week. Luckily, I printed out a copy and handed it to the Service Rep when he gave me a puzzled look and said he never heard of the problem before.

As soon as I pulled out that piece of paper with the TSB info and he read it, his demeanor immediatly changed to being very helpful.

So when I take my 12 Lib in for this TSB. You bet your *** I will have a printed out copy to hand them!
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #29
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

I hate when I inform the service department that there is a TSB and provide the number of that TSB and they act like they don't know what I am talking about. I made the service appointment a week ago and emailed them about the TSB. I even got confirmation that they understood what I was referring to. No clue when I got there. They are ordering the part. Another visit for this issue when it comes in.

Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #30
SirCody
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
I hate when I inform the service department that there is a TSB and provide the number of that TSB and they act like they don't know what I am talking about. I made the service appointment a week ago and emailed them about the TSB. I even got confirmation that they understood what I was referring to. No clue when I got there. They are ordering the part. Another visit for this issue when it comes in.

They Act Clueless because they usually are forced to do it Free:

What is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)?

January 27, 2011

A Technical Service Bulletin, often abbreviated TSB, is an instruction, issued by manufacturer, about a specific repair issue on a particular year, make ad model vehicle. Think of them as a midpoint between a normal repair attempt and a Recall.

Sometimes, the manufacturer identifies a defect with a vehicle, but it judges the problem is not a serious safety concern. So the manufacturer prepares a TSB, which details how to fix this known problem, and sends it to dealerships and mechanics. The next time a consumer comes in complaining of this defect, the dealership is supposed to apply the TSB to take care of the problem.

While a recall generally applies to all vehicles of a certain year, make, and model, sometimes only certain vehicles in the production run demonstrate the actual defect. This is another situation in which a TSB might be issued. The cost of a full recall is judged too expensive, because not every vehicle actually needs the repair. But the manufacturer knows about the problem, so it issues a TSB, which it knows will only be applied if a consumer shows up at the dealership complaining about that problem.

If enough people complain about the same problem with their vehicles, a manufacturer may issue a TSB even though it did not previously believe a problem existed. The TSB may contain research by the manufacturer’s engineers about how to eliminate the problem or how to diagnose if the problem is identical to the one other consumers have reported.

A TSB can be issued without the manufacturer having a solution to the problem. A TSB could merely contain the manufacturer’s position as to why the problme is not really a defct that needs to be repaired. A TSB may just inform mechanics that the problem is known to be widespread, but a solution is still being developed. A TSB may be issued with a proposed solution for the complaint, but prove to ultimately be ineffective in fully and finally resolving the problem .

The Wikipedia article on TSBs suggest that they contain no obligation to fix a vehicle for free, but the fact a manufacturer saw fit to issue one creates legal issues. For example, failing to fix a vehicle subject to a TSB may breach an implied warranty or be considered an unfair or deceptive trade practice. If a problem persists past the expiration of warranty, a TSB may be proof that the repair was not completed or at least not completed properly. In that case, the manufacturer issuing the warranty may have an obligation to now complete the repair, even if the vehicle is outside the warranty period.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) maintains a good resource for checking whether your vehicle has a pending TSB. Your local dealership should also have easy access to a database to check whether the TSBs apply to your vehicle.
SirCody is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.