SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
JeepCares

SERVICE BULLETIN: 08-003-13 - 2009-2012 JK, KK - Radio Clock Loses Time

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares

SUBJECT:

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.
There's a fix for this? Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Yea there is a fix but it's a TSB so Jeep expects you to pay for their crap!

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Yea there is a fix but it's a TSB so Jeep expects you to pay for their crap!
Depends on the age and mileage.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares

Depends on the age and mileage.
True...I suppose it would still be covered under warranty if it is new enough.

Unread 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Think I might be taking my Jeep in for this.... and it's not overt a month, it's over the course of a week lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
otlip

08 Liberty

Have an 08 which loses time. Will this be covered if I have an extended warranty?
otlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
showle
2012 KK Liberty 

Getting fixed, I *think*

After reading this post, and since I had an oil change scheduled for today too, I took in my jeep and told them about the problem with my clock and that Jeep has a service bulletin out about it. My Liberty is a 2012 Latitude 4x2, and I've had it since brand new for only 8 months. It's the regular stereo with bluetooth, so it does not have a 'dvd screen' or navigation.

After waiting in the waiting room for about an hour, they came and got me, and said that the oil change was completed, but that they could not 'reproduce the problem' when it came to the clock. I had to explain that they would not notice a problem just by watching the clock for a few minutes, because it loses only about two minutes a week, not enough to see immediately. I don't think that they believed me Maybe they thought that I was trying to get a new stereo for free under warranty? In any event, he said that he had never heard of the issue before and that nobody knew about any service bulletin. So guys, take it from me, when you go to your dealership, bring with you the service bulletin number-- I wish I had.

So anyway, he went back into the back, saying that he'll try to find out more information. He came back about five minutes later, still with a doubting look on his face, and said that he would 'order a part' and call me when the part came in. Which part, he did not say, which makes me wonder if he ordered the right thing, or if he was just trying to keep my happy but still had no idea what I was talking about. Guess we'll see At least he was trying, because sometimes you'll buy a car from a place and they absolutely do not care what happens to you after the sale, and will come right out and tell you 'too bad, go away!' if you bring them anything more than the easist and cheapest issue.
showle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

If you had reported this issue with your dealer prior during your warranty and like me it's still broke. And now your passed your warranty you are automatically grandfathered in. That came to me right from the dealership.
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
pclilien
2012 KK Liberty 

Spoke to the dealership today as I was getting my oil changed. They did not have it in their system. I am only losing about 1 min each week which is okay since I use my GPS for the time and the radio for music. Since the fix is replacing a module which seems to deal with more than just the radio, is there any idea what else is wrong besides losing time? I am going to try a direct method with the service department via email next but want to know if we should be worried. 2012 KK Latitude w/6000 miles.
pclilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

I'm going to give this a try.

We'll see what happens.

I'm OUT of warranty but my service advisor knows darn well that I've had this problem all this time.
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
pclilien
2012 KK Liberty 

Sitting at dealership getting the new module installed. Parts manager was great on the phone and email, service wanted copies of the email when I came in. Seems they couldn't understand how parts would order the module without me being seen by service first. Just told them I was losing 1-2 min per week. Hard to disprove. Remember to have all your key fobs with you though as the module is part of the key system and they need to reprogram them as well.
pclilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
severewinds
2008 KK Liberty 

It affects the 2008's as well. im not paying 400 bux to replace that stupid thing again it was replaced already last year
severewinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post

SUBJECT:

OVERVIEW:

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
This is very interesting! I just reset my clock the other day. Thought it was real odd it had lost about (10) minutes over the last several months.

BTW, since this is related to the SKREEM, has anyone else noticed a very poor range of the key FOB activation ?? I'm assuming my battery is low.....just never got around to changing it yet.

Anyone else have a low activation range (won't activate the locks past say.... 25-30 feet away) ??

Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #15
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

I'm glad you posted that cause I didn't catch that when I read the bulletin. One of the things I always thought was lousy was the range of the remote to activate the locks and remote start. I hope this fix corrects that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.