Seriously!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Seriously!!!!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
jwolfe815

Seriously!!!!

I have 1,200 miles on her and already a problem. I was cruising at 45 and noticed the rpm's moving all over the place (quickly changing about 100-200). I let off the gas and it slows down about 10 mph in about 1-2 seconds. It felt like the brake was on. I check ebrake and 4X4 and nothing is on. It eventually quits and I proceed. Then tonight on the way home....... Same thing. Any thoughts.
PS - I got her with 4 miles on her and she has been driven correctly.
Signed,
- Pissed

jwolfe815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Warranty should solve it. Could be just a computer hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
Warranty should solve it.
Let your dealer know.
JeepCares is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Definately agree with getting it back to the dealer to solve the problem. Don't waste your time waiting for someone on JF to chime in with a fix. That is exactly what your warranty is for.

Good luck.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

In days of old many people would simply go out and disconnect the battery then turn on the headlights for about 20 minutes to fully drain all electrical power from the CPU (onboard computer). The reattach the cables and see if the glitch didn't correct itself and relearn your driving habits.

Downside is that it maynot correct itself and may erase any trouble codes from the computer memory. Another thought is you could run past your local auto parts store and see it they won't bring their scanner out and look for any trouble codes already stored on the memory.

Bottom line is, that while it is a PITA to take the Jeep in, the warranty will take care of the issue....unless it turns out to be bad gas.
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
....unless it turns out to be bad gas.
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.