Rusty 4 day old KK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rusty 4 day old KK

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
i rarely wash our jeeps, but they def have much less rust now then they had while they were on the lot.
you are right about them spending a lot of time on the lot plus the proximity to the shore plus the usage of salt.
when we picked up the JK, it only had 7 miles on the clock but underside was ALL rusted. more then 2 years later, all that rust is kinda faded away, i never wash the underneath, unless the car went into the mud while offroading. i think the rainwater on the roads washes away salt and some rust just fine. but thats judging by our 2 jeeps. you case can be different.
besides the exhaust pipes you can eat off of my under carriage,it's production date is 02/14/2002.

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #17
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

love the exhaust, did you put rustoleum on the undercarriage? looks very pristine, good thing cars in colorado are not exposed to road salt and sea salt and humidity the same way they do here in ny.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #18
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
love the exhaust, did you put rustoleum on the undercarriage? looks very pristine, good thing cars in colorado are not exposed to road salt and sea salt and humidity the same way they do here in ny.
I undercoated it(required for all new vehicles in SD),I did the dealer prep on it when I worked at a GM/Jeep dealership from '00-'03,then I bought it 2 hours later.Spent time in South Dakota,Washington state(Ft Lewis),and now Colorado so it was well exposed to high humidity,salt,and other chemicals but I wash it every sunday regardless of the weather and spend over 20mins on the undercarriage alone.
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
The only way you are going to get a 100% rust free vehicle is to pick it up at the end of the assembly line.
That won't work either. The parts are sometimes exposed to the elements long before they are actually installed on the vehicles.

As long as the body panels aren't rusting, there's nothing to worry about.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.