Rust Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rust Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
pb123213

Rust Question

Ok, try to bear with me please as this is my first non beater vehicle, and I don't know all that much about jeeps or cars for that matter.

I noticed today what appears to be a ton of rust on what i THINK is the brake rotor or disc? When looking at any of my 4 wheels, the circular plate shaped metal piece on the other side of the rim/wheel has a lot of what seems to be rust on it. This is a 2008 and it was not there at all last week when I washed it....

My only idea is that the wheel cleaner I picked up did this?

Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do, how to get rid of it, if it could be damaging my ability to brake?

Thanks!

pb123213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Normal,all non-painted/coated metal under your KK will rust up some.
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The brakes are a high heat/cool down area and will tend to rust especially on the edges of the rotor. The surface of the rotors will get just a superficial rust that will clean off as soon as you go down the road and use your brakes. Nothing to be concerned about, it's normal.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.