Roof rack cross bars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Roof rack cross bars

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 07-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Roof rack cross bars

Can anyone recommend (or selling) an inexpensive set of cross bars for the roof? Mopars price just seems outrageous! I have found a few sets between $60-$100 but don't want to buy garbage either.

My goal is to add roof basket to it soon do must be stable enough to support it.

Thank you for any assistance.

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Yakima crossbars are about $80 a pair, Thule about $89.95 a pair. Thule also has these new aero blades and they are about 150.00 a pair. And depending on what system you use as far as foot pad or podium that could run you another $170.00 You can check out rei.com. You can also look what Rocky Road for stronger roof rails then thus you can put even more weight on your roof. I have the stock Jeep rails they work pretty well but are rated at 150lbs.

Good luck
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
mchron2010
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a set of steel rubber coated cross bars with locking towers. They aren't Thule or Yakima, but I have found them to get the job done. The set I am trying to sell is still in its original box. The picture below is the same set that I have on my Lib. I don't have a roof basket, so I can't speak on that although I imagine it would hold just fine. I could sell it too you shipped for $75. Message me if you are interested.

mchron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

There is also the DIY option. All you need to do is buy the 3/8 steel piping from your local hardware store and 4 U-bolts and you are all set. It costed me about 20 bucks for the hardware and took about 2 hours to install. I feel they better secure my rack than the cheaper plastic options.
photo-12-.jpg  
Unread 07-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

^ Nice Job, and if you replace the roof rails with a set of rocky-road roof rails you will have one really nice system.
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

I have heard some positive and negative feedback with the rocky-road rails. I do like them however I just don't like how tall they are and it looks a little weird with the basket on top. But thanks for the tip I will look into it!
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Rocklizard makes a fine basket that bolts to where the OEM rails bolt. They are MUCH closer to the roof than anything that bolts OEM rails via the crossbars.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.