Roof Rack - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Roof Rack

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_Katie View Post
It was super easy. I have nothing but great things to say about RRO. As with everything there will be people out there bashing on everything. I ordered the side rails and crossbars and they were at my house 6 days later. Installed really easily and the holes line up great. Only thing you'll need are some of the bolts to hold it down if your jeep doesn't have them. Super easy to find at ace though and cost another $5.
PM me if you have any other questions.
People bash on them since they have proven they do not care what type of service they give after the sale. If you have an issue tough luck. Been that way ever since I got on any of the forums back ten years ago. Poor customer service, rip off other companies ideas and sell them as their own etc .

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #17
MyJKU14
2014 JK Wrangler 

I called them up the day after the kit arrived and they spent about half an hour explaining a few things. In my experiences their customer service has been above and beyond what I would have expected.

There are others here who enjoy their company as well but probably get tired of people constantly shutting their opinions down with super biased remarks.

image-1654592292.jpg

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
atwrk
2012 KK Liberty 

Humm, I like the looks of that. I didn't even notice last week when I bought my KK that the roof rack wasn't "complete". I had a 01 S-10 Blazer, and I used the roof rack many times. Kinda dissapointing being it's a Jeep, like the fact I also don't have a tow hitch.....that's another story. I need to learn to look things over more closly when buying things. LOL
But, I still love my new KK!
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #19
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

I just went with the OEM Mopar set, now need to get some crossbars
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
NELSEN_S
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_Katie View Post
I would look into the rocky road outfitters ones... I was in the same boat as you just a few weeks ago and I love my new system.

Attachment 562864
Did they send something in the kit to fill in the spots on the roof where it looks as though theres a spot missing? or do you have to get something to fill that in? I have a 2012 jeep lib with the full solid rails. (no holes) im really thinking about buying the rails your talking about but i want to make sure. I dont really want any holes in my roof. Its been raining and snowing way to much lately. thank you for the info
NELSEN_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
geekinsyde
2011 KK Liberty 

just purchased a 2011 KK Liberty this last weekend and I'm in the EXACT SAME BOAT! Only one keyless entry set of keys. No roof rack. No hitch. Meh. At least I finally got a Jeep though!
geekinsyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
MyJKU14
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSEN_S

Did they send something in the kit to fill in the spots on the roof where it looks as though theres a spot missing? or do you have to get something to fill that in? I have a 2012 jeep lib with the full solid rails. (no holes) im really thinking about buying the rails your talking about but i want to make sure. I dont really want any holes in my roof. Its been raining and snowing way to much lately. thank you for the info
There are no exposed holes. You have to literally pull the old side rails up which leaves a glue substance. Using some adhesive remover I got it up and sprayed a fine line of plasti dip under.

There are absolutely no exposed holes though...I'm in CO with about 14" of snow right now so I promise no holes

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #23
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Do they not make OEM cross bars like the Cherokee and Patiot? I like how those look, wide and even with the top of the side rails, but looks like the "OEM" cross bars for the Liberty is just Thule branded ones that like most stick up a couple inches above the side rails and hang over a couple inches on the sides as well.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #24
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I made this one for mine.

TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #25
kensil
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerr47 View Post
Do they not make OEM cross bars like the Cherokee and Patiot? I like how those look, wide and even with the top of the side rails, but looks like the "OEM" cross bars for the Liberty is just Thule branded ones that like most stick up a couple inches above the side rails and hang over a couple inches on the sides as well.
Yakima's Whispbar Rail Bar works with the Liberty factory raised rails. These are very flat and aerodynamic. It also looks like Thule is planning to introduce a similar cross bar called the "AeroBlade Edge Raised Rails" (7500 series). They both look great but... both aero wing designs are wide and work best with accessories that are made to use the T-slots. Also, rail bars are low and can be problematic with accessories that need a lot of clearance below the rail.
kensil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.