Roof LEAK!! sunroof drain tube problems - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Roof LEAK!! sunroof drain tube problems

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #46
sbougon
2008 KK Liberty 

I gave up.

I taped the sunroof off. No more sunroof, no more leak.

sbougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #47
priebe
2008 KK Liberty 

With the recent monsoon type rains we had in the Mid-Atlantic region my headliner was again soaked. To the point it was dripping from the overhead console lights. UGH!!!! I again found it was leaking at the drain spout joints. So this time I went to the parts store and picked up four 3/8’ hose clamps and tightened those suckers down. Had another couple days of rain with no leaks. But then the passenger side roof was soaked. I looked in between the headliner and roof to find a drip, drip, drip coming from the sunroof cassette where they pop riveted together a couple pieces!!! So it looks like I’ll be buying some roofing caulk and sealing up all joints on this sucker. Might take a weekend and pull down the whole head liner and really get a good look at this things. I always wanted a moon roof but didn’t want a master’s degree in roof leak repair. My best solution so fare is to park with the front end lower than the rear, never on a level surface on rainy days. That will at least help move what water makes it past the seal towards the front drains. What a pain in the A$$.
priebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #48
slipperybrain
2011 KK Liberty 

The leaks never stop!

I continue to have sunroof, drain tube clogging/drain issues. I have been in 5 times now. The first time was under warranty. The rest have been out of warranty but they continue to cover it under "goodwill." The first time I had the ceiling panel replaced under warranty (after 4 months of waiting for it to come in because they forgot to order it and get it approved). Now they refuse to replace anything (carpet or ceiling panel). I talked with the service manager last time (2 days ago) that this is an issue that Chrysler/Jeep continues to ignore as a design flaw and that I want it fixed. He made this statement to me and so did the service tech that works on my Jeep. I should not have to clean the drain tubes from "deterius" every time I was my Jeep, just to make sure it does not get clogged. If that were the case, Jeep should be supplying us with a tool to clean it out, put out a bulletin when you buy the vehicle, and let us know they are selling a product that is not up to par with the rest of the industry.

The dealership said they could do nothing about this because it is not a design flaw, I strongly disagreed. They said they do not have a District Manager to fix the problem and I would have to call the 1800 number. I called the number to get no where, but a call back in 24 hours. I received a call back from the supervisor and they said they could get an engineer and DM involved with the case. I also called the dealership back and demanded the same thing, they agreed that they would find a DM to help with the case.

I strongly suggest to all Jeep owners who are having this issue to call the 1800 number and demand to get this issues fixed. Even if you are out of warranty. This is a design flaw that is happening in Commanders, Liberty's, Wrangler, and Grand Cherokee, Jeep just refuses to acknowledge the issue. It is unacceptable to purchase a 25+K vehicle and to have issues like this. My next purchase was going to be a Wrangler, but I have to consider never again to buy a Jeep until they fix this issue.

The number is 1800-992-1997.
slipperybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

I have a skyslider and my headliner is wet right where the a-piller meets up with it. Happens every time it rains. Has anyone had the headliner get wet in the same spot with a skyslider? It almost seems as though the leak is coming from the windshield area...
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #50
ChippyKK10
2010 KK Liberty 

Leaky Sun Roof

I have had this problem with my 2010 KK here in South Africa, I fortunately know a guy who has a sun roof service / instalation business and spoke to him about my problem. he said that it was a common problem with Jeep and a few other American vehicle brands and he had an easy fix. He replaced the drain tubes with a slightly larger diameter tube, without dirt and damage to any interior parts and Hey-Presto no more problems even in the most torential African rain storms. Hope this helps!!:cheers. 2: ...I also would like to mention, to remove the stains in the head liner I simply sprayed with a dry-foam carpet cleaner and, allowed to dry and brushed away the stains. I had this problem for two rain / summer seasons, we are just entering our second season (afetr the repair) without any problems leaks or drips at all.

Last edited by ChippyKK10; 11-08-2013 at 06:08 AM..
ChippyKK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #51
sbougon
2008 KK Liberty 

Scotch Professional Grade #2228 Moisture Sealing Electrical tape. AROUND THE WHOLE SUNROOF. No leaks. Period! For 3 years now. I live in New Orleans so we have rain and plenty of it. I got really tired of dealing with the issue the dealers sucked

Last edited by sbougon; 11-08-2013 at 08:31 AM..
sbougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #52
jliberty2011sc

All with a Jeep Liberty need to go to http://jeepsunroofleak.com/ There is a class action suit over the sunroof leaking. I have a 2011 and it continuously leaks and dealer says it is not covered under my extended warranty. We need everyone with this problem to come forward so we can hopefully get it repaired for good. Had a service person tell me it was a design flaw.
jliberty2011sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #53
lakehimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliberty2011sc
All with a Jeep Liberty need to go to http://jeepsunroofleak.com/ There is a class action suit over the sunroof leaking. I have a 2011 and it continuously leaks and dealer says it is not covered under my extended warranty. We need everyone with this problem to come forward so we can hopefully get it repaired for good. Had a service person tell me it was a design flaw.
I know this may be somewhat dumb but does this include the skyslider? I would imagine that the front would use the same drain tubes. If this doesn't then I wonder if someone would be willing to take this on as I imagine there are just as many people with faulty sky sliders.
lakehimself is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.