Rocky roof rails install?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rocky roof rails install??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Mine has no rust from this winter. We did coat the exposed metal areas though to protect and the cross bars stay on year- round. I love my RRO set-up and had a very wonderful experience with the company. Everyone should keep in mind that a lot has changed in the 3+ years since this thread was started.

MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
They steel other ideas,they do not come up with there own stuff,just cheap copies of better products is all they know how to produce.

You are very right about there customer service though.
I would have to agree. I have been having countless problems with my lift kit that I ordered from there.

Basically replacing everything in pieces for JBA stuff.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagon View Post
stubble -

what rails did you start off with?

I have these, do you know how to get them off?

Thanks!

Just go to the Mopar Accessories site and look for the Production Roof Siderails. The install instructions show you how to remove the stock rails. Pretty straight foward and simple.

Here's a clipped picture from the instructions:
Jeep black tube step/side rails
Jeep molded splash guards
Jeep cargo area security cover
Jeep hitch receiver and wiring
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
mswebb

Took a quick look at the Thule bike racks I had previously installed on another vehicle. The included U-bolts are too narrow for the larger round tubes of the Rocky Road setup. In my case, I had a set of narrow crossbars and the wide bar mounts to attach them. The work fine on the Rocky Road crossbars but do create another step up above the roof line. Given the height of the Liberty, I can't say that putting a bike up there is easy.
image-3512633988.jpg   image-3923514114.jpg   image-4198800572.jpg  
mswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #20
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'll post pictures tomorrow but our Thule snowboard rack fits just fine on the RRO crossbars.
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.