Rocker Guards and Sliders? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rocker Guards and Sliders?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

Rocker Guards and Sliders?

Although the dent is VERY minor, I found out the hard way how much I needed rocker guards/sliders yesterday. So, I'm going to listen to myself this time and make the purchase this week.

I'm not seeing the "obvious" choice though, as most are priced about the same. Anybody have pros versus cons on the following sliders I am considering?

JCR Offroad - Stage 3 @ $419.00 (I noticed a recent change to the way they mount the rail/guard to the square slider, looks interesting.)

Rocky Road Outfitters - $409.00 (I can also get "yellow" fog and LED beams at the same time if I ordered from here.)

RockLizard - Super-skinks @ $355.00 (Not sure, but I think RL is also way behind on orders? I'm patient, but don't like not knowing how long.)

Considered a few other's such as MntLvrs -not making right now?, and Poison Spyder's "RockerKnockers", look REALLY cool with additional die cut steps on the top - but unsure as to whether they would actually fit?

Keep in mind, I live in British Columbia, Canada and shipping will be extra (although JCR claims they include freight on purchases $100+)

2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider View Post
Although the dent is VERY minor, I found out the hard way how much I needed rocker guards/sliders yesterday. So, I'm going to listen to myself this time and make the purchase this week.

I'm not seeing the "obvious" choice though, as most are priced about the same. Anybody have pros versus cons on the following sliders I am considering?

JCR Offroad - Stage 3 @ $419.00 (I noticed a recent change to the way they mount the rail/guard to the square slider, looks interesting.)

Rocky Road Outfitters - $409.00 (I can also get "yellow" fog and LED beams at the same time if I ordered from here.)

RockLizard - Super-skinks @ $355.00 (Not sure, but I think RL is also way behind on orders? I'm patient, but don't like not knowing how long.)

Considered a few other's such as MntLvrs -not making right now?, and Poison Spyder's "RockerKnockers", look REALLY cool with additional die cut steps on the top - but unsure as to whether they would actually fit?

Keep in mind, I live in British Columbia, Canada and shipping will be extra (although JCR claims they include freight on purchases $100+)
Pics of your damage? BUMP for a question I'm also curious about.
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherox View Post
Pics of your damage? BUMP for a question I'm also curious about.
Not sure a picture of that is really necessary?
Besides, as a few people here have said, "If you don't post pictures, it never really happened." Well, lets just say, "I'm not posting a picture, cause I wish it didn't happen!"

I'm also not sure which question/comment you BUMP'd?
2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

I got the RLs. Absolutely no regrets and I believe they are the best looking and protection.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Email RL and ask for a timeline quote. My communication with them was straightforward.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.