JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Rocker Guards and Sliders? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/rocker-guards-sliders-1732282/)

WhiteRider 10-28-2013 03:34 PM

Rocker Guards and Sliders?

Although the dent is VERY minor, I found out the hard way how much I needed rocker guards/sliders yesterday. So, I'm going to listen to myself this time and make the purchase this week.

I'm not seeing the "obvious" choice though, as most are priced about the same. Anybody have pros versus cons on the following sliders I am considering?

JCR Offroad - Stage 3 @ $419.00 (I noticed a recent change to the way they mount the rail/guard to the square slider, looks interesting.)

Rocky Road Outfitters - $409.00 (I can also get "yellow" fog and LED beams at the same time if I ordered from here.)

RockLizard - Super-skinks @ $355.00 (Not sure, but I think RL is also way behind on orders? I'm patient, but don't like not knowing how long.)

Considered a few other's such as MntLvrs -not making right now?, and Poison Spyder's "RockerKnockers", look REALLY cool with additional die cut steps on the top - but unsure as to whether they would actually fit?

Keep in mind, I live in British Columbia, Canada and shipping will be extra (although JCR claims they include freight on purchases $100+)

cherox 10-28-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRider (Post 17227066)
Although the dent is VERY minor, I found out the hard way how much I needed rocker guards/sliders yesterday. So, I'm going to listen to myself this time and make the purchase this week.

I'm not seeing the "obvious" choice though, as most are priced about the same. Anybody have pros versus cons on the following sliders I am considering?

JCR Offroad - Stage 3 @ $419.00 (I noticed a recent change to the way they mount the rail/guard to the square slider, looks interesting.)

Rocky Road Outfitters - $409.00 (I can also get "yellow" fog and LED beams at the same time if I ordered from here.)

RockLizard - Super-skinks @ $355.00 (Not sure, but I think RL is also way behind on orders? I'm patient, but don't like not knowing how long.)

Considered a few other's such as MntLvrs -not making right now?, and Poison Spyder's "RockerKnockers", look REALLY cool with additional die cut steps on the top - but unsure as to whether they would actually fit?

Keep in mind, I live in British Columbia, Canada and shipping will be extra (although JCR claims they include freight on purchases $100+)

Pics of your damage? BUMP for a question I'm also curious about.

WhiteRider 10-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherox (Post 17233354)
Pics of your damage? BUMP for a question I'm also curious about.

Not sure a picture of that is really necessary?:confused:
Besides, as a few people here have said, "If you don't post pictures, it never really happened." Well, lets just say, "I'm not posting a picture, cause I wish it didn't happen!":shhh:

I'm also not sure which question/comment you BUMP'd?

_benjammin 10-28-2013 09:58 PM

I got the RLs. Absolutely no regrets and I believe they are the best looking and protection.

_benjammin 10-28-2013 10:00 PM

Email RL and ask for a timeline quote. My communication with them was straightforward.

The time now is 03:18 PM.