Rock Krawler Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rock Krawler Lift

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 12-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepKK View Post
How is that lift coming? Can't wait to see before and after photos.
build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...hread-1296589/

Unread 12-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #17
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

im enjoying my daystar its a good budget lift
Unread 12-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Jeep looks great. It looks to me like you have room for another 1" of tire. Turning lock to lock do you have plenty of room for the 245/75R16 tires? I am looking at the same lift currently with 1" wheel spacers and 265/75R16 tires. I think this should work just fine for light off-roading.

Last edited by 1stJeepKK; 12-11-2011 at 09:09 PM..
1stJeepKK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
im enjoying my daystar its a good budget lift
Did you replace all the shocks or just the rear?
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #20
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Jeep looks great. It looks to me like you have room for another 1" of tire. Turning lock to lock do you have plenty of room for the 245/75R16 tires? I am looking at the same lift currently with 1" wheel spacers and 265/75R16 tires. I think this should work just fine for light off-roading. I guess here shortly I will find out for sure. I ordered my Daystar lift today.
I havent checked .. but rustys told me 31s would work.

Quote:
Did you replace all the shocks or just the rear?
just the rear fronts have strut setup and I was only recommended to do the rears via rustys off road.
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #21
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Rustys
Yes they have a lot of knowledge of KK and KJs
They sell parts, period
If you want to know about Kjs and KKs go to places that sell and service those, like JeepinByAl or AllJs between those two thay have sold 500 times more lift products for the KJs/KKs than Rustys have

If you want any kind of performance out of your suspension you should replace all 4 shocks period, how many miles do you have on the KK now?

What I find VERY FUNNY always is that people go out and spend 21,000-25,000 for a vehicle and then wimp out when it comes to doing a good lift that will give them a better ride / handling and last longer instead they cheap out and install crappy lifts , amazing just amazing
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #22
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Rustys
They sell parts, period
If you want to know about Kjs and KKs go to places that sell and service those, like JeepinByAl or AllJs between those two thay have sold 500 times more lift products for the KJs/KKs than Rustys have

If you want any kind of performance out of your suspension you should replace all 4 shocks period, how many miles do you have on the KK now?

What I find VERY FUNNY always is that people go out and spend 21,000-25,000 for a vehicle and then wimp out when it comes to doing a good lift that will give them a better ride / handling and last longer instead they cheap out and install crappy lifts , amazing just amazing
Its really funny though a lot of us are noobs on jeeps so I appreciate your sarcasm.

Jeepin by Al told me the same just to do the rear shocks BTW cool guys jeepinbyal that will be the next lift.

not all of us want to go 4" lift and shell out 2000 for coils I will do it eventually.
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #23
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Rustys
They sell parts, period

I see that we all should have extremely deep pockets and go out and buy a new Jeep, lift it with top of the line products and new tires, then go out and attempt to destroy it by "Truly Off-Roading." I am a daily driver that occassionally likes to drive off through the field or woods to hunt. I am at best a "Weekend Warrior" when it comes to wheeling. I used to do all the mods and tear up vehicles like I had money. Then I got married, grew up and found other hobbies that didn't include trashing a perfectly good vehicle that I love to drive.

I like to use sites like this one to find various opinions to gain knowledge on what to and not to do when modifying a vehicle. I also like when some people have such strong opinions that they will call everyone a moron for even thinking about using different parts than they did. I have looked at several different lifts and I am still looking for the best one for the money. And I doubt that going from 29" stock tires to 31.5" aftermarket is going to ruin my highway drivability. I'm just saying. But again if you have lifted 40 Jeeps at home you know far more than I do and that is why I was asking for information in the first place.

Just about every company, on their home page sites, will recommend 31" tires on 2" lifted Liberty KK's. Again with the proper wheel offset. You are most likely correct in saying that they will not be the capable off-road mecca of vehicles set up that way either. And I will agree with that statement. But for the day to day drivers out there, we can get away with a little more because we are not trying to ruin a new Jeep by rolling it down a mountain everytime we back it out of the garage.

I do appreciate the information but it is just that, information not gospel in some Jeep Bible. Please keep giving your opinion but understand that it is an opinion and we all have a right to enjoy our own.
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You can do a full spring lift for 7-800 easy
no need to spend 4500 bucks
But if you all don't want to listen to people who have done a bunch of lifts on these things forget it

Oh and mines a daily driver as well, first full spring lift lasted 100,000 miles , my second one has over 40,000 on it so far. I have 165,000 on mine now and going strong.
Problem with this forum is there are not a lot of veteran KJ/KK owners who have done and used a lot of lifts
Again check out LOSTJEEPS, great KK section
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I see that we all should have extremely deep pockets and go out and buy a new Jeep, lift it with top of the line products and new tires, then go out and attempt to destroy it by "Truly Off-Roading." I am a daily driver that occassionally likes to drive off through the field or woods to hunt. I am at best a "Weekend Warrior" when it comes to wheeling. I used to do all the mods and tear up vehicles like I had money. Then I got married, grew up and found other hobbies that didn't include trashing a perfectly good vehicle that I love to drive.

I like to use sites like this one to find various opinions to gain knowledge on what to and not to do when modifying a vehicle. I also like when some people have such strong opinions that they will call everyone a moron for even thinking about using different parts than they did. I have looked at several different lifts and I am still looking for the best one for the money. And I doubt that going from 29" stock tires to 31.5" aftermarket is going to ruin my highway drivability. I'm just saying. But again if you have lifted 40 Jeeps at home you know far more than I do and that is why I was asking for information in the first place.

Just about every company, on their home page sites, will recommend 31" tires on 2" lifted Liberty KK's. Again with the proper wheel offset. You are most likely correct in saying that they will not be the capable off-road mecca of vehicles set up that way either. And I will agree with that statement. But for the day to day drivers out there, we can get away with a little more because we are not trying to ruin a new Jeep by rolling it down a mountain everytime we back it out of the garage.

I do appreciate the information but it is just that, information not gospel in some Jeep Bible. Please keep giving your opinion but understand that it is an opinion and we all have a right to enjoy our own.

Well said !

Quote:
You can do a full spring lift for 7-800 easy
no need to spend 4500 bucks
But if you all don't want to listen to people who have done a bunch of lifts on these things forget it

Oh and mines a daily driver as well, first full spring lift lasted 100,000 miles , my second one has over 40,000 on it so far. I have 165,000 on mine now and going strong.
Problem with this forum is there are not a lot of veteran KJ/KK owners who have done and used a lot of lifts
Again check out LOSTJEEPS, great KK section
Im a veteran JEEPER all in my family from WJs to XJs to now my KK not everyone is trying to go crazy on the lifts. But thanks for all your info.
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Veteran Jeeper here as well, been lifting upgrading Jeeps since 1973!
Spending 800 bucks for a good quality lift that gives you a better ride than stock, handles way better and lasts for several thousands of miles is NOT going crazy with a lift.
Using a Daystar or other spacer lift is crazy way to waste $$$ in the long run.
BUT you'll all find out like many others before who have installed cheap lifts and 4-6 months later are doing a full spring

Done!
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #27
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Just wanted to point out

JBA-2inLiftKitCO-KK
2.5" Lift Spring Kit Jeep Liberty KK
What engine is in your KK? : 3.7 L gas engine
Would you like front strut with remote reservoirs? : Yes I want Bilsteins struts with remote reservoirs
What rear shocks do you want for 2.5" lift kit? : 2 Bilstein 5100 JBA-F4-BE5-6458-H7
Add rear springs to front kit : Yes, I need 2 rear springs JBA-LIB 25RKK
Do you want to add Als A-arms to the kit? : No thank you
Would you like Quick disconnects for your Liberty? : No thank you.

Looking at PARTS ALONE $1,937.01

SO i dont know where you found 800...... I mean if you did please share where.
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #28
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Just wanted to point out this
as we all know it gives you 2.25 inches of lift instead of 1.5 as advertised plus you can do a clevis lift for almost a 1/2 inch more, plus a top plate for another 1/2 inch clevia lift and top plate only add 40 bucks more
Home > Old Man Emu Suspension Products

OME 1.50" lift kit

OME-KK-1.5
$795.82 $750.00
(Savings: $45.82)
Email Friend

Plus there are even better deals out there if you shop around

Oh and by the way with good shopping I have less than 500 in my lift OME springs etc But then I do this full time but as a hobby
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #29
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Just wanted to point out this
as we all know it gives you 2.25 inches of lift instead of 1.5 as advertised plus you can do a clevis lift for almost a 1/2 inch more, plus a top plate for another 1/2 inch clevia lift and top plate only add 40 bucks more
Home > Old Man Emu Suspension Products

OME 1.50" lift kit

OME-KK-1.5
$795.82 $750.00
(Savings: $45.82)
Email Friend

Plus there are even better deals out there if you shop around
Cool i appreciate it thanks I will definitely check it out... I know these budget lifts burn out the shocks even if were not doing "real" off roading at the moment its just a quick "look" hopefully ill upgrade in the next few months.

thanks for your help tom.
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #30
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Glad to help you out
Also shockwarehouse has great deals on Bilstein with free shipping so save some there.
Yes the spacer lifts do a number on shocks, main reason I hate to see people waste their money on them, OK for very short time

If you want to know some of the other tricks let me know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.