Rock Krawler Lift - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
1stJeepKK
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hilliard
Posts: 40
Rock Krawler Lift

Considering a Rock Krawler 3.5" lift kit for my 2012 Arctic Edition. Has anyone tried this lift yet. They are claiming you can fit 31 x 10.5 tires on once the lift is installed. I love the thought of this but I don't know if I buy that claim. Basically a 265/75R16 tire on a 3.5" lift front and 2" rear. Let me know your thoughts.


2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic Edition
Deciding on Lift and Tires
1stJeepKK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM
swamppro
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Metairie
Posts: 319
Mine is going on hopefully by the end of the week and will be ordering that size tire as well.
swamppro is offline  
post #3 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
musclezmarinara
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 201
Posts: 672
My arctic is getting lifted tomorrow smaller setup though

congrats what color op?

2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic * Mineral Gray
- Mods - See Build Thread..
musclezmarinara is offline  
post #4 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
musclezmarinara
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 201
Posts: 672
PS im pretty sure you will rub with a 265

2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic * Mineral Gray
- Mods - See Build Thread..
musclezmarinara is offline  
post #5 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 PM
VegasDragger45
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 207
I was told by a local tire shop that the 265 will hit the UCA with stock wheels. You will need a spacer or new wheels but that is with a 2 inch left not sure if its the same with a 3.5.

2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline  
post #6 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
1stJeepKK
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hilliard
Posts: 40
Went with the dark silver color. Loved the color and the options. Signed for it days before it showed up on the lot or ever seeing one. Now I'm ready to start the mods. I spoke with Rock Krawler. They seemed to think that they would work with the stock rim off set. The lift is a bit different from the spacer lift. But I still think that it could rub the upper control arm. But a wheel spacer is not too much more to add on. My big concern is that spacing the wheels out could cause other rubbing issues on the fenders and trim.

2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic Edition
Deciding on Lift and Tires
1stJeepKK is offline  
post #7 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
1stJeepKK
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hilliard
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppro View Post
Mine is going on hopefully by the end of the week and will be ordering that size tire as well.
Please post a couple of pictures when you're done. I would love to see how it turned out. I am also very curious to see if you can fit the 265/75R16 tires without rubbing or aftermarket wheels or spacers. I read a post on this site that had a guy with 245/75R16 tires on a stock Liberty KK. I would surely think that 265/75R16 tires would fit a 3.5" lifted Liberty KK.

2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic Edition
Deciding on Lift and Tires
1stJeepKK is offline  
post #8 of 43 Old 12-08-2011, 01:27 AM
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Kilimanjaro,Tanzania
Posts: 5,566
You'll need more than 3 inches or so for 265-75s to work right,
PLUS you'll need to re-gear to at least 4.10s
stick with 245-75-16s

plus Rock Krawler will tell you anything to sell their junk lifts
Would never run one
do it right

04 KJ 4.5 JBA lift, 03 KJ 2.5 JBA coilovers,
tommudd is offline  
post #9 of 43 Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 AM
musclezmarinara
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 201
Posts: 672
Ill post up my daystar lift once its done today ...

2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic * Mineral Gray
- Mods - See Build Thread..
musclezmarinara is offline  
post #10 of 43 Old 12-10-2011, 04:39 PM
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Kilimanjaro,Tanzania
Posts: 5,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepKK View Post
Please post a couple of pictures when you're done. I would love to see how it turned out. I am also very curious to see if you can fit the 265/75R16 tires without rubbing or aftermarket wheels or spacers. I read a post on this site that had a guy with 245/75R16 tires on a stock Liberty KK. I would surely think that 265/75R16 tires would fit a 3.5" lifted Liberty KK.
No way you may run 245-75s stock but go over a curb or speed bump and it will rub bad,

04 KJ 4.5 JBA lift, 03 KJ 2.5 JBA coilovers,
tommudd is offline  
post #11 of 43 Old 12-10-2011, 08:23 PM
musclezmarinara
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 201
Posts: 672
Anything larger will rub 245 75 16

2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic * Mineral Gray
- Mods - See Build Thread..
musclezmarinara is offline  
post #12 of 43 Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
1stJeepKK
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hilliard
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
You'll need more than 3 inches or so for 265-75s to work right,
PLUS you'll need to re-gear to at least 4.10s
stick with 245-75-16s

plus Rock Krawler will tell you anything to sell their junk lifts
Would never run one
do it right
I am curious as to what gears the new KK's are running. I have lifted trucks in the past but never messed with too many Jeeps. You also call the Rock Krawler lift "junk;" what is that based on? I definitely don't want to spend money on something that will cost me more money later. As for the 265/75R16 tires, Rock Krawler told me on the phone they would fit but I would need spacers or different off set wheels. New find since original post. Must have got a more knowledgeable tech on the phone that day. If you check behind the stock tire and rim there is very little clearance at the upper control arm. My biggest problem is I am not lifting and buying new tires to only go up .5" in width and 1" in diameter. "GO BIG OR GO HOME" has always been my motto. This Jeep is my daily driver of 80+ miles to and from work. I do want a lifted stance and bigger tires but now I will be doing much more research if you're saying the gearing will be way off.

2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic Edition
Deciding on Lift and Tires
1stJeepKK is offline  
post #13 of 43 Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
1stJeepKK
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hilliard
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
Ill post up my daystar lift once its done today ...
How is that lift coming? Can't wait to see before and after photos.

2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic Edition
Deciding on Lift and Tires
1stJeepKK is offline  
post #14 of 43 Old 12-11-2011, 10:03 AM
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Kilimanjaro,Tanzania
Posts: 5,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepKK View Post
I am curious as to what gears the new KK's are running. I have lifted trucks in the past but never messed with too many Jeeps. You also call the Rock Krawler lift "junk;" what is that based on? I definitely don't want to spend money on something that will cost me more money later. As for the 265/75R16 tires, Rock Krawler told me on the phone they would fit but I would need spacers or different off set wheels. New find since original post. Must have got a more knowledgeable tech on the phone that day. If you check behind the stock tire and rim there is very little clearance at the upper control arm. My biggest problem is I am not lifting and buying new tires to only go up .5" in width and 1" in diameter. "GO BIG OR GO HOME" has always been my motto. This Jeep is my daily driver of 80+ miles to and from work. I do want a lifted stance and bigger tires but now I will be doing much more research if you're saying the gearing will be way off.
KKs/KJs come with 3.73 gears ( automatics) I have to date lifted 21 KJs in my garage plus helped with 5 or 6 more at other peoples homes, have a good friend with a lifted KK and currently Daystar which has already sagged and going to full OME lift . We tried different size tires on his and 265-75s were very close to rubbing, no way you could drive it.
Now if you want good honest info go to LOSTJEEPS. Whole section there regarding lifts on KKs and KJs .
Trust me when I tell you that with trying to run a 32 inch tire lots needs to be done, you need to regear since you'll be unable to use overdrive any more due to the trans constantly searching for a gear

04 KJ 4.5 JBA lift, 03 KJ 2.5 JBA coilovers,
tommudd is offline  
post #15 of 43 Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Kilimanjaro,Tanzania
Posts: 5,566
The Rock Krawler lift is just a very poorly designed lift from the get go, its not even good enough for a mall krawler
Only spacer lift worth installing is a Daystar and that is only on a low mileage vehicle, anything with 40,000 miles for example the springs have already started to sag and the spacers will only speed up the process.
Full sprung lift is the only way to get better handling, better ride and to have a lift that will last any amount of time.
Oh and it doesn't matter if you never go off road and only doing it to look cool or poser.

04 KJ 4.5 JBA lift, 03 KJ 2.5 JBA coilovers,
tommudd is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
MtnLuvr's (Declassified) Off-Road Bumpers and Rock Sliders MtnLuvr KK Liberty Forum 30 06-04-2015 11:04 PM
Body lift or Suspension lift whats the difference? JACKTV KK Liberty Forum 11 06-21-2011 02:17 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome