Rock Krawler Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rock Krawler Lift

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Rock Krawler Lift

Considering a Rock Krawler 3.5" lift kit for my 2012 Arctic Edition. Has anyone tried this lift yet. They are claiming you can fit 31 x 10.5 tires on once the lift is installed. I love the thought of this but I don't know if I buy that claim. Basically a 265/75R16 tire on a 3.5" lift front and 2" rear. Let me know your thoughts.

Unread 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

Mine is going on hopefully by the end of the week and will be ordering that size tire as well.
swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

My arctic is getting lifted tomorrow smaller setup though

congrats what color op?
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

PS im pretty sure you will rub with a 265
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

I was told by a local tire shop that the 265 will hit the UCA with stock wheels. You will need a spacer or new wheels but that is with a 2 inch left not sure if its the same with a 3.5.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Went with the dark silver color. Loved the color and the options. Signed for it days before it showed up on the lot or ever seeing one. Now I'm ready to start the mods. I spoke with Rock Krawler. They seemed to think that they would work with the stock rim off set. The lift is a bit different from the spacer lift. But I still think that it could rub the upper control arm. But a wheel spacer is not too much more to add on. My big concern is that spacing the wheels out could cause other rubbing issues on the fenders and trim.
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppro View Post
Mine is going on hopefully by the end of the week and will be ordering that size tire as well.
Please post a couple of pictures when you're done. I would love to see how it turned out. I am also very curious to see if you can fit the 265/75R16 tires without rubbing or aftermarket wheels or spacers. I read a post on this site that had a guy with 245/75R16 tires on a stock Liberty KK. I would surely think that 265/75R16 tires would fit a 3.5" lifted Liberty KK.
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You'll need more than 3 inches or so for 265-75s to work right,
PLUS you'll need to re-gear to at least 4.10s
stick with 245-75-16s

plus Rock Krawler will tell you anything to sell their junk lifts
Would never run one
do it right
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Ill post up my daystar lift once its done today ...
Unread 12-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepKK View Post
Please post a couple of pictures when you're done. I would love to see how it turned out. I am also very curious to see if you can fit the 265/75R16 tires without rubbing or aftermarket wheels or spacers. I read a post on this site that had a guy with 245/75R16 tires on a stock Liberty KK. I would surely think that 265/75R16 tires would fit a 3.5" lifted Liberty KK.
No way you may run 245-75s stock but go over a curb or speed bump and it will rub bad,
Unread 12-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Anything larger will rub 245 75 16
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #12
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
You'll need more than 3 inches or so for 265-75s to work right,
PLUS you'll need to re-gear to at least 4.10s
stick with 245-75-16s

plus Rock Krawler will tell you anything to sell their junk lifts
Would never run one
do it right
I am curious as to what gears the new KK's are running. I have lifted trucks in the past but never messed with too many Jeeps. You also call the Rock Krawler lift "junk;" what is that based on? I definitely don't want to spend money on something that will cost me more money later. As for the 265/75R16 tires, Rock Krawler told me on the phone they would fit but I would need spacers or different off set wheels. New find since original post. Must have got a more knowledgeable tech on the phone that day. If you check behind the stock tire and rim there is very little clearance at the upper control arm. My biggest problem is I am not lifting and buying new tires to only go up .5" in width and 1" in diameter. "GO BIG OR GO HOME" has always been my motto. This Jeep is my daily driver of 80+ miles to and from work. I do want a lifted stance and bigger tires but now I will be doing much more research if you're saying the gearing will be way off.
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
1stJeepKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclezmarinara View Post
Ill post up my daystar lift once its done today ...
How is that lift coming? Can't wait to see before and after photos.
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepKK View Post
I am curious as to what gears the new KK's are running. I have lifted trucks in the past but never messed with too many Jeeps. You also call the Rock Krawler lift "junk;" what is that based on? I definitely don't want to spend money on something that will cost me more money later. As for the 265/75R16 tires, Rock Krawler told me on the phone they would fit but I would need spacers or different off set wheels. New find since original post. Must have got a more knowledgeable tech on the phone that day. If you check behind the stock tire and rim there is very little clearance at the upper control arm. My biggest problem is I am not lifting and buying new tires to only go up .5" in width and 1" in diameter. "GO BIG OR GO HOME" has always been my motto. This Jeep is my daily driver of 80+ miles to and from work. I do want a lifted stance and bigger tires but now I will be doing much more research if you're saying the gearing will be way off.
KKs/KJs come with 3.73 gears ( automatics) I have to date lifted 21 KJs in my garage plus helped with 5 or 6 more at other peoples homes, have a good friend with a lifted KK and currently Daystar which has already sagged and going to full OME lift . We tried different size tires on his and 265-75s were very close to rubbing, no way you could drive it.
Now if you want good honest info go to LOSTJEEPS. Whole section there regarding lifts on KKs and KJs .
Trust me when I tell you that with trying to run a 32 inch tire lots needs to be done, you need to regear since you'll be unable to use overdrive any more due to the trans constantly searching for a gear
Unread 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

The Rock Krawler lift is just a very poorly designed lift from the get go, its not even good enough for a mall krawler
Only spacer lift worth installing is a Daystar and that is only on a low mileage vehicle, anything with 40,000 miles for example the springs have already started to sag and the spacers will only speed up the process.
Full sprung lift is the only way to get better handling, better ride and to have a lift that will last any amount of time.
Oh and it doesn't matter if you never go off road and only doing it to look cool or poser.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.