Rims & Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Rims & Tires

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
KAITLYNRYDER
2011 KK Liberty 

Rims & Tires

20' inch rims and tires for the Jeep Liberty... Good or bad?

KAITLYNRYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

bad, 16 is best.
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

When you put a 20" rim on a vehicle 2 positives you get.

1. For some its the appearance
2. depending on the quality tire, better handling on the road for cornering and perhaps braking.

Negatives

1. for some the appearance
2. $$ for tires on low profile 20" tires
3. watch those curb and potholes - had 18's on my Altima I learned that the hardway.
4. Lower sidewall much harsher ride.
5. Custom rims, go in and out of style like clothing you have to research the rims, if you ever ruin 1 you may have great difficulty finding a replacement down the road.

*16's or 17's or the way to go without a lift. I have 16's and sooner or later will upgrade to larger tires but same rims. IMO
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
When you put a 20" rim on a vehicle 2 positives you get.

1. For some its the appearance
2. depending on the quality tire, better handling on the road for cornering and perhaps braking.

Negatives

1. for some the appearance
2. $$ for tires on low profile 20" tires
3. watch those curb and potholes - had 18's on my Altima I learned that the hardway.
4. Lower sidewall much harsher ride.
5. Custom rims, go in and out of style like clothing you have to research the rims, if you ever ruin 1 you may have great difficulty finding a replacement down the road.

*16's or 17's or the way to go without a lift. I have 16's and sooner or later will upgrade to larger tires but same rims. IMO
Completely agree with this. Plus it's a Jeep, I feel they should be lifted and have larger tires thrown under them.

Either way, it's your Jeep. If you like the street look with low profiles and big rims go for it. If you're asking as far as for offroading etc, run away from 20s unless you're spinning some really big tires. I'm talking 37's and up(even then I'm not a fan). Might get away with 35's, but like I said, not my cup of tea.
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
coltsbr
2008 KK Liberty 

I have been debating some of the same questions. I have an 08 with the standard 16" rims. I really want to find a set of 17" or 18" OEM Jeep limited chrome clad rims to put on mine. I think with 20" you would lose some of the comfort ride with such a small sidewall with no lift.
coltsbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsbr View Post
I have been debating some of the same questions. I have an 08 with the standard 16" rims. I really want to find a set of 17" or 18" OEM Jeep limited chrome clad rims to put on mine. I think with 20" you would lose some of the comfort ride with such a small sidewall with no lift.
It's funny how different everyone is...I have chrome 17" wheels on my Limited & desperately want the black/charcoal Renegade 16's & a set of BFG AT's. I can't wait to change them! Tires & rims are next on my to do list.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post
It's funny how different everyone is...I have chrome 17" wheels on my Limited & desperately want the black/charcoal Renegade 16's & a set of BFG AT's. I can't wait to change them! Tires & rims are next on my to do list.
Why don't you guys just switch and llm317 use plastidip and make them black..

Case settled
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Why don't you guys just switch and llm317 use plastidip and make them black..

Case settled
Sure if they came with my tires, lol! I don't have the $800+ in the budget currently.
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
coltsbr
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llm317 View Post
Sure if they came with my tires, lol! I don't have the $800+ in the budget currently.
Well if you ever want to sell them let me know. I just put a brand new set of Michelin LTX M/S tires on 500 miles ago. That's why I'm not running out just ordering a set. Knowing that I'll need to get a set of 17" tires after just buying 16".
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Well if you ever want to sell them let me know. I just put a brand new set of Michelin LTX M/S tires on 500 miles ago. That's why I'm not running out just ordering a set. Knowing that I'll need to get a set of 17" tires after just buying 16".
How do you like those Michelin vs stock tires?
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #11
coltsbr
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
How do you like those Michelin vs stock tires?
I really like them. Mu buddy just got the same tire in the A/T 2 version. Mine have a little smoother ride. I drive on the road most of the time other than the mud and snow here in Ohio.
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I really like them. Mu buddy just got the same tire in the A/T 2 version. Mine have a little smoother ride. I drive on the road most of the time other than the mud and snow here in Ohio.
Thanks was looking at both those tires, but now on a budget my loan officer aka my gf wants me to wait a bit. Anyways I think I'll do my suspension and tires at the same time.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.