Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rims

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  rescue575 
#1 ·
I currently have the 16 inch Stock Rims on my 2011 Sport Liberty. Just wondering what bolt pattern I have then? Is all I need to know then the bolt pattern and the diameter and that's it, then I can order it?

Going to be buying new Black Rims over the next few weeks, to go with new All-Terrain tires. I know LT225/75r/16 tires are the same as P225/75r/16 size wise, but what's the difference between LT and P? For LT, I've found All-Terrain which is what I want, but P is generally just Good-Year Wrangler. Is LT more off-road/terrain tires while P is pavement?

#2 ·
Strommen95 said:
I currently have the 16 inch Stock Rims on my 2011 Sport Liberty. Just wondering what bolt pattern I have then? Is all I need to know then the bolt pattern and the diameter and that's it, then I can order it?

Going to be buying new Black Rims over the next few weeks, to go with new All-Terrain tires. I know LT225/75r/16 tires are the same as P225/75r/16 size wise, but what's the difference between LT and P? For LT, I've found All-Terrain which is what I want, but P is generally just Good-Year Wrangler. Is LT more off-road/terrain tires while P is pavement?
Believe the LT stands for "Light Truck". Not really sure what the differences are, but the "P" deff have a line of aggresive "all terrains. When I was shopping around for my replacent (stock P225/74R16) found then in all the different A/T's (duratracs, BF A/T's, Coopers, etc..). I settled for the Dunlop Fierce Attitude in the "P"

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber

Also. Good for thought, if your looking to save some $$, if you like the stock rim style then perhaps try hitting it with some plasti dip for the black look. It's pretty durable and many of us have gone that route. I for one prefer the wheels I have over the steel wheels and don't feel like laying out $75-100 per tire to coat them.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Light

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Window

Again! Just good for thought and and idea.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#5 ·
Also. Good for thought, if your looking to save some $$, if you like the stock rim style then perhaps try hitting it with some plasti dip for the black look. It's pretty durable and many of us have gone that route. I for one prefer the wheels I have over the steel wheels and don't feel like laying out $75-100 per tire to coat them.
I've been thinking about that and believe I will go that route to be honest. I expect to have the Liberty for 6 months to up to 2 years before I get a Wrangler, so it'd make more sense to go a bit cheaper here. Not only that but it look very nice too.

Thank you.

#6 ·

Our bolt pattern is 5x4.5. Most say to stick to a 7" wide rim to avoid rubbing. Supposedly 7" wide with 4" of backspacing fits best on lifted Libertys, not sure about stock. If you want to order rims, you need to know the size(in your case 16, unless you want a bigger rim, which would then mean new tires), the width(7 is pretty much perfect, 8 pushes it with out tires and might cause rubbing, depends on specs), backspacing and/or offset.

Now the LT and P designation is the load rating. Basically P is for passenger cars, and LT is for light trucks. P should give a softer ride, but the sidewall won't be as strong and it won't carry as much weight. I've found that most all terrains are LT tires. LT tires are perfect for out Jeeps, I recommend load range C, but some run E. E will hold more, but will ride a lot harder. However, you do get a stronger sidewall. It's all give and take.

#7 ·
I have to say, with the varying temps we have been getting here, my Dunlops have held their air. I have been check every week or two and religiously it has stayed right where I filled it to. Even with the sinkholes we have in NY roads after this winter. I don't know if the "E" rating has an impact on maintaining the air better since its thicker but I've been impressed none the less. It is deff a stiffer ride compared to the stock SRA that were on it but it feels more like a "truck" now so I have no complaints.

#12 ·
Bmxer524 said:
I checked them Tuesday when it was beautiful out. Two were perfect, the other two were around 32-33psi. I normally run 36. Not bad :highfive:
I filled them to 36 psi about a month-month and a half ago counting on a little loss with the cold weather so it wouldn't drop below the recommended 33psi. I was shocked wen all four still read 36.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.