Rims - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-09-2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Strommen95
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 21
Rims

I currently have the 16 inch Stock Rims on my 2011 Sport Liberty. Just wondering what bolt pattern I have then? Is all I need to know then the bolt pattern and the diameter and that's it, then I can order it?

Going to be buying new Black Rims over the next few weeks, to go with new All-Terrain tires. I know LT225/75r/16 tires are the same as P225/75r/16 size wise, but what's the difference between LT and P? For LT, I've found All-Terrain which is what I want, but P is generally just Good-Year Wrangler. Is LT more off-road/terrain tires while P is pavement?

Strommen95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 03-09-2014, 02:03 PM
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strommen95
I currently have the 16 inch Stock Rims on my 2011 Sport Liberty. Just wondering what bolt pattern I have then? Is all I need to know then the bolt pattern and the diameter and that's it, then I can order it?

Going to be buying new Black Rims over the next few weeks, to go with new All-Terrain tires. I know LT225/75r/16 tires are the same as P225/75r/16 size wise, but what's the difference between LT and P? For LT, I've found All-Terrain which is what I want, but P is generally just Good-Year Wrangler. Is LT more off-road/terrain tires while P is pavement?
Believe the LT stands for "Light Truck". Not really sure what the differences are, but the "P" deff have a line of aggresive "all terrains. When I was shopping around for my replacent (stock P225/74R16) found then in all the different A/T's (duratracs, BF A/T's, Coopers, etc..). I settled for the Dunlop Fierce Attitude in the "P"

Name:  image-753123130.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  391.7 KB



Name:  image-215724448.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  385.3 KB


Also. Good for thought, if your looking to save some $$, if you like the stock rim style then perhaps try hitting it with some plasti dip for the black look. It's pretty durable and many of us have gone that route. I for one prefer the wheels I have over the steel wheels and don't feel like laying out $75-100 per tire to coat them.



Name:  image-3760905958.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  470.6 KB



Name:  image-1194746720.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  433.5 KB



Again! Just good for thought and and idea.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover
Posts: 1,060
Bolt pattern is 5x4.5 and I went with a 16x8 wheel which some say will rub. If you want to play it safe look for a 16x7

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 03-09-2014, 04:58 PM
LKWJEEPER
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clover
Posts: 1,060
Here's a good link for the differences. http://www.differencebetween.net/obj...t-and-p-tires/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 03-09-2014, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Strommen95
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Also. Good for thought, if your looking to save some $$, if you like the stock rim style then perhaps try hitting it with some plasti dip for the black look. It's pretty durable and many of us have gone that route. I for one prefer the wheels I have over the steel wheels and don't feel like laying out $75-100 per tire to coat them.
I've been thinking about that and believe I will go that route to be honest. I expect to have the Liberty for 6 months to up to 2 years before I get a Wrangler, so it'd make more sense to go a bit cheaper here. Not only that but it look very nice too.

Quote:
Here's a good link for the differences. http://www.differencebetween.net/obj...t-and-p-tires/
Thank you.
Strommen95 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 03-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Bmxer524
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lindenhurst
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strommen95 View Post
I currently have the 16 inch Stock Rims on my 2011 Sport Liberty. Just wondering what bolt pattern I have then? Is all I need to know then the bolt pattern and the diameter and that's it, then I can order it?

Going to be buying new Black Rims over the next few weeks, to go with new All-Terrain tires. I know LT225/75r/16 tires are the same as P225/75r/16 size wise, but what's the difference between LT and P? For LT, I've found All-Terrain which is what I want, but P is generally just Good-Year Wrangler. Is LT more off-road/terrain tires while P is pavement?
Our bolt pattern is 5x4.5. Most say to stick to a 7" wide rim to avoid rubbing. Supposedly 7" wide with 4" of backspacing fits best on lifted Libertys, not sure about stock. If you want to order rims, you need to know the size(in your case 16, unless you want a bigger rim, which would then mean new tires), the width(7 is pretty much perfect, 8 pushes it with out tires and might cause rubbing, depends on specs), backspacing and/or offset.

Now the LT and P designation is the load rating. Basically P is for passenger cars, and LT is for light trucks. P should give a softer ride, but the sidewall won't be as strong and it won't carry as much weight. I've found that most all terrains are LT tires. LT tires are perfect for out Jeeps, I recommend load range C, but some run E. E will hold more, but will ride a lot harder. However, you do get a stronger sidewall. It's all give and take.

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
Bmxer524 is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 03-10-2014, 06:06 AM
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square
Posts: 1,093
I have to say, with the varying temps we have been getting here, my Dunlops have held their air. I have been check every week or two and religiously it has stayed right where I filled it to. Even with the sinkholes we have in NY roads after this winter. I don't know if the "E" rating has an impact on maintaining the air better since its thicker but I've been impressed none the less. It is deff a stiffer ride compared to the stock SRA that were on it but it feels more like a "truck" now so I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 03-11-2014, 05:06 AM
cougargnw
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Believe the LT stands for "Light Truck". Not really sure what the differences are, but the "P" deff have a line of aggresive "all terrains. When I was shopping around for my replacent (stock P225/74R16) found then in all the different A/T's (duratracs, BF A/T's, Coopers, etc..). I settled for the Dunlop Fierce Attitude in the "P"

Attachment 1157225



Attachment 1157233


Also. Good for thought, if your looking to save some $$, if you like the stock rim style then perhaps try hitting it with some plasti dip for the black look. It's pretty durable and many of us have gone that route. I for one prefer the wheels I have over the steel wheels and don't feel like laying out $75-100 per tire to coat them.



Attachment 1157265



Attachment 1157273



Again! Just good for thought and and idea.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Awesome looking rims! My wife wants to go with black rims on our KK and I was thinking this route. If it ever warms up in Michigan Im going to give that a try
cougargnw is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Bmxer524
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lindenhurst
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
I have to say, with the varying temps we have been getting here, my Dunlops have held their air. I have been check every week or two and religiously it has stayed right where I filled it to. Even with the sinkholes we have in NY roads after this winter. I don't know if the "E" rating has an impact on maintaining the air better since its thicker but I've been impressed none the less. It is deff a stiffer ride compared to the stock SRA that were on it but it feels more like a "truck" now so I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I haven't even checked my duratracs. Been a little too lazy lol

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
Bmxer524 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 AM
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524
I haven't even checked my duratracs. Been a little too lazy lol
It's been to damn cold. I cringe every time I have to stand out there and do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 03-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Bmxer524
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lindenhurst
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
It's been to damn cold. I cringe every time I have to stand out there and do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I checked them Tuesday when it was beautiful out. Two were perfect, the other two were around 32-33psi. I normally run 36. Not bad

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
Bmxer524 is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 03-13-2014, 02:27 PM
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524
I checked them Tuesday when it was beautiful out. Two were perfect, the other two were around 32-33psi. I normally run 36. Not bad
I filled them to 36 psi about a month-month and a half ago counting on a little loss with the cold weather so it wouldn't drop below the recommended 33psi. I was shocked wen all four still read 36.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome