Retained Accessory Power not long enough - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Retained Accessory Power not long enough

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
greyghost1
2012 KK Liberty 

Retained Accessory Power not long enough

Anybody else not thrilled with the short 45 seconds that the accessory power stays on for after you turn the Liberty off if you don't have the EVIC option? GM vehicles I have owned had it stay on for 10 minutes, similar to the EVIC equipped Libertys, but I don't see why the lesser equipped models can't have the same 10 minutes as the EVIC equipped ones. Anybody know of how to extend the retained accessory power time limit? Thanks.

greyghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
severewinds
2008 KK Liberty 

Yea I would always charge my phone in the old jeep as it stayed available, but not any more

Definitely curious about this one!
severewinds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Yeah it annoys me too. I too had a gm before this and could charge my phone with the vehicle off. Or listen to the radio to finish a song after turning it off. This just sucks with the liberty.
Unread 11-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

You can move your accessory fuse over to change it to be on all the time. Don't know of a way to make the radio stay on longer however.
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
You can move your accessory fuse over to change it to be on all the time. Don't know of a way to make the radio stay on longer however.
Really? Where is that?
Unread 11-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

I noticed that last night! It isn't on very long at all! I thought maybe I was imagining it, until I seen this thread!
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I was told that the fuse for the accessory power point plug is located in a fuse box under the hood. The fuse is a basic two prong style fuse. If you unplug the fuse and move it over one prong location to the side it will make that accessory point a full on 24/7 power point.
Now rather than try to make sense out what I said to do, to take a look at the fuse box and it should make simple common sense....or so I was informed. I learned this two days after installing an extra accessory power point to my Liberty. So I have yet to go move the little fuse...but I will at some point.
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
I was told that the fuse for the accessory power point plug is located in a fuse box under the hood. The fuse is a basic two prong style fuse. If you unplug the fuse and move it over one prong location to the side it will make that accessory point a full on 24/7 power point.
Now rather than try to make sense out what I said to do, to take a look at the fuse box and it should make simple common sense....or so I was informed. I learned this two days after installing an extra accessory power point to my Liberty. So I have yet to go move the little fuse...but I will at some point.
So I just went out there and looked. It is correct. Slot M7 has three pins. Move it over one pin, like a jumper, and the accessory stays on 24/7. Awesome. Thanks for pointing this out.
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
severewinds
2008 KK Liberty 

I can also attest!

Now I just need a real good AUX charger (my old one suuuuuuuucked so I used the a/c plug as it charged my phone 5x faster).

Thanks for this!
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Look! Pictures!

The first image is the fuse box. Second image notes the location of the handy fuse puller and the fuse in question and where it should be moved. The last image shows it in position.

I hope that helps.
img_0785.jpg   img_0785-.jpg   img_0786.jpg  
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
severewinds
2008 KK Liberty 

hahahaha awesome I just pulled mine out with my lil fingers.

That yellow thing really struck me as odd.
I'm sure its on the diagram on the inside of the panel but never looked to see lol

But I'm now glad to know I could have used that :P
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #12
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

My fingers are too fat and clumsy to do it without a handy tool. LOL
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

This is probably the highest return for investment mode ever.. thanks!
backinblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Awesome! Finally some relief.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Great. Now my wife will have to come up with another reason why her phone is dead.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.