JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Retained Accessory Power not long enough (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/retained-accessory-power-not-long-enough-1293307/)

greyghost1 11-25-2011 12:28 AM

Retained Accessory Power not long enough

Anybody else not thrilled with the short 45 seconds that the accessory power stays on for after you turn the Liberty off if you don't have the EVIC option? GM vehicles I have owned had it stay on for 10 minutes, similar to the EVIC equipped Libertys, but I don't see why the lesser equipped models can't have the same 10 minutes as the EVIC equipped ones. Anybody know of how to extend the retained accessory power time limit? Thanks.

severewinds 11-25-2011 02:53 AM

Yea I would always charge my phone in the old jeep as it stayed available, but not any more :(

Definitely curious about this one!

Jeepin11 11-25-2011 06:52 AM

Yeah it annoys me too. I too had a gm before this and could charge my phone with the vehicle off. Or listen to the radio to finish a song after turning it off. This just sucks with the liberty.

jonrjen 11-25-2011 08:44 AM

You can move your accessory fuse over to change it to be on all the time. Don't know of a way to make the radio stay on longer however.

Jeepin11 11-25-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonrjen
You can move your accessory fuse over to change it to be on all the time. Don't know of a way to make the radio stay on longer however.

Really? Where is that?

Skipper6413 11-25-2011 07:34 PM

I noticed that last night! It isn't on very long at all! I thought maybe I was imagining it, until I seen this thread!

jonrjen 11-25-2011 07:47 PM

I was told that the fuse for the accessory power point plug is located in a fuse box under the hood. The fuse is a basic two prong style fuse. If you unplug the fuse and move it over one prong location to the side it will make that accessory point a full on 24/7 power point.
Now rather than try to make sense out what I said to do, to take a look at the fuse box and it should make simple common sense....or so I was informed. I learned this two days after installing an extra accessory power point to my Liberty. So I have yet to go move the little fuse...but I will at some point.

Jeepin11 11-26-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonrjen
I was told that the fuse for the accessory power point plug is located in a fuse box under the hood. The fuse is a basic two prong style fuse. If you unplug the fuse and move it over one prong location to the side it will make that accessory point a full on 24/7 power point.
Now rather than try to make sense out what I said to do, to take a look at the fuse box and it should make simple common sense....or so I was informed. I learned this two days after installing an extra accessory power point to my Liberty. So I have yet to go move the little fuse...but I will at some point.

So I just went out there and looked. It is correct. Slot M7 has three pins. Move it over one pin, like a jumper, and the accessory stays on 24/7. Awesome. Thanks for pointing this out.

severewinds 03-06-2012 11:25 AM

I can also attest!

Now I just need a real good AUX charger (my old one suuuuuuuucked so I used the a/c plug as it charged my phone 5x faster).

Thanks for this! :)

eoerikson3 03-06-2012 12:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Look! Pictures!

The first image is the fuse box. Second image notes the location of the handy fuse puller and the fuse in question and where it should be moved. The last image shows it in position.

I hope that helps.

severewinds 03-07-2012 04:38 AM

hahahaha awesome I just pulled mine out with my lil fingers. :)

That yellow thing really struck me as odd.
I'm sure its on the diagram on the inside of the panel but never looked to see lol

But I'm now glad to know I could have used that :P

eoerikson3 03-07-2012 07:38 AM

My fingers are too fat and clumsy to do it without a handy tool. LOL

backinblack 11-22-2012 11:32 PM

This is probably the highest return for investment mode ever.. thanks!

Skipper6413 11-23-2012 09:41 AM

Awesome! Finally some relief.

fueljunkie 11-25-2012 02:59 PM

Great. Now my wife will have to come up with another reason why her phone is dead. :rolleyes:

The time now is 09:36 PM.