Replacing the Spare tire /w/ 245/75/16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Replacing the Spare tire /w/ 245/75/16

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 02-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Replacing the Spare tire /w/ 245/75/16

Hey Fellas,

Quick question,

if I plan on replacing my stock spare tire with a 245/75R16 AT tire. I do have the Mopar Hitch installed, will there be any clearance issues to be able to store it back underneath the Jeep?

Unread 02-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

It will fit back up in, at least a 245-75-16 Duratrac will
check with lfhoward, his is that way
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

No worries. I have a Duratrac of that size as my spare and it fits fine. I also have a hitch and there is still plenty of room.
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
No worries. I have a Duratrac of that size as my spare and it fits fine. I also have a hitch and there is still plenty of room.
Sweet - I wish I could "close" on this darn house, have to put on a hold on any major purchases next replacements suspension and tires. I hope these SRA's can hold out for another couple of months.
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Sweet - I wish I could "close" on this darn house, have to put on a hold on any major purchases next replacements suspension and tires. I hope these SRA's can hold out for another couple of months.
Don't let me get my new tires installed before you, Jeff! Good luck on closing. I know you've been telling me about it for some time now.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Don't let me get my new tires installed before you, Jeff! Good luck on closing. I know you've been telling me about it for some time now.
Thanks you will probably beat me too it. I plan on doing suspension and tires at the same time , Moreover, "The closing" plus the other stuff I need to do to this house is going to empty my pockets real fast
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Thanks you will probably beat me too it. I plan on doing suspension and tires at the same time , Moreover, "The closing" plus the other stuff I need to do to this house is going to empty my pockets real fast
The stuff you need to do to the house will at least make you AND the lady happy. Unfortunately, I do know you have the most miles of anyone on these forums with the stock tires. At this point, your braking and road performance has probably been suffering.
Maybe you can spend some of your tax return on the Jeep?
Gibson exhaust
Unread 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
The stuff you need to do to the house will at least make you AND the lady happy. Unfortunately, I do know you have the most miles of anyone on these forums with the stock tires. At this point, your braking and road performance has probably been suffering. Maybe you can spend some of your tax return on the Jeep?
Well, my last tax return wasn't too great I could afford maybe 1 spring, 1 shock and 1 tire lol ! Realistically, if everything holds out on the Lib for now and if the selling realtor is done screwing up the house and I can close. April / May I'll get everything done even the tie rods ends too, by then will have about 85k on the Lib.
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #9
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Well, my last tax return wasn't too great I could afford maybe 1 spring, 1 shock and 1 tire lol ! Realistically, if everything holds out on the Lib for now and if the selling realtor is done screwing up the house and I can close. April / May I'll get everything done even the tie rods ends too, by then will have about 85k on the Lib.
Oh man. Think the tires will hold up?
Gibson exhaust
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
Oh man. Think the tires will hold up?
Hope so swapped my spare for passenger side rear since it had a bail in it for the last 20k miles. I think the tires should hold and will replace all 5 in a month or 2.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.