JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Replacing the Spare tire /w/ 245/75/16 (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/replacing-spare-tire-w-245-75-16-a-2077922/)

Poncherello 02-05-2014 04:38 PM

Replacing the Spare tire /w/ 245/75/16

Hey Fellas,

Quick question,

if I plan on replacing my stock spare tire with a 245/75R16 AT tire. I do have the Mopar Hitch installed, will there be any clearance issues to be able to store it back underneath the Jeep?

tommudd 02-05-2014 04:39 PM

It will fit back up in, at least a 245-75-16 Duratrac will
check with lfhoward, his is that way

lfhoward 02-05-2014 04:40 PM

No worries. I have a Duratrac of that size as my spare and it fits fine. I also have a hitch and there is still plenty of room.

Poncherello 02-05-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfhoward (Post 20088538)
No worries. I have a Duratrac of that size as my spare and it fits fine. I also have a hitch and there is still plenty of room.

Sweet - I wish I could "close" on this darn house, have to put on a hold on any major purchases next replacements suspension and tires. I hope these SRA's can hold out for another couple of months.

Gageraid 02-07-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poncherello (Post 20088698)
Sweet - I wish I could "close" on this darn house, have to put on a hold on any major purchases next replacements suspension and tires. I hope these SRA's can hold out for another couple of months.

Don't let me get my new tires installed before you, Jeff! Good luck on closing. I know you've been telling me about it for some time now.

Poncherello 02-07-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gageraid (Post 20146449)
Don't let me get my new tires installed before you, Jeff! Good luck on closing. I know you've been telling me about it for some time now.

Thanks you will probably beat me too it. I plan on doing suspension and tires at the same time , Moreover, "The closing" plus the other stuff I need to do to this house is going to empty my pockets real fast :(

Gageraid 02-07-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poncherello (Post 20157681)
Thanks you will probably beat me too it. I plan on doing suspension and tires at the same time , Moreover, "The closing" plus the other stuff I need to do to this house is going to empty my pockets real fast :(

The stuff you need to do to the house will at least make you AND the lady happy. Unfortunately, I do know you have the most miles of anyone on these forums with the stock tires. :shhh: At this point, your braking and road performance has probably been suffering.
Maybe you can spend some of your tax return on the Jeep?

Poncherello 02-09-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gageraid
The stuff you need to do to the house will at least make you AND the lady happy. Unfortunately, I do know you have the most miles of anyone on these forums with the stock tires. :shhh: At this point, your braking and road performance has probably been suffering. Maybe you can spend some of your tax return on the Jeep?

Well, my last tax return wasn't too great I could afford maybe 1 spring, 1 shock and 1 tire lol ! Realistically, if everything holds out on the Lib for now and if the selling realtor is done screwing up the house and I can close. April / May I'll get everything done even the tie rods ends too, by then will have about 85k on the Lib.

Gageraid 02-09-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poncherello (Post 20210241)
Well, my last tax return wasn't too great I could afford maybe 1 spring, 1 shock and 1 tire lol ! Realistically, if everything holds out on the Lib for now and if the selling realtor is done screwing up the house and I can close. April / May I'll get everything done even the tie rods ends too, by then will have about 85k on the Lib.

Oh man. Think the tires will hold up?

Poncherello 02-10-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gageraid
Oh man. Think the tires will hold up?

Hope so swapped my spare for passenger side rear since it had a bail in it for the last 20k miles. I think the tires should hold and will replace all 5 in a month or 2.

The time now is 02:19 AM.