Replacing a defective arctic edition steering wheel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Replacing a defective arctic edition steering wheel

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

Replacing a defective arctic edition steering wheel

So the leather on my steering wheel is cracked and peeling at the top at a whopping one year. Dealer said they would replace It under warranty all is great right? Wrong. After three attempts of getting a steering wheel in with all different types of stiching patterns and colors, they tell me that chrysler changed steering wheel vendors and because i have a special edition the color is going to have to be off along with the stiching. Does this sound right?? Or is the dealer being lazy?

ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

I'd assume the dealer is trying to pull one over on you. Your not the only one with a limited edition. They have parts available it's just how hard will you push for it.
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticDude88 View Post
So the leather on my steering wheel is cracked and peeling at the top at a whopping one year. Dealer said they would replace It under warranty all is great right? Wrong. After three attempts of getting a steering wheel in with all different types of stiching patterns and colors, they tell me that chrysler changed steering wheel vendors and because i have a special edition the color is going to have to be off along with the stiching. Does this sound right?? Or is the dealer being lazy?
If I remember correctly I believe another member here MusclezMarinara had a horrible experience also with the dealer when it came to the interior being replaced on his Arctic.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

They won't even talk about replacing mine and it's just the plastic one. The plastic started deteriorating after about a year. Said it isn't covered. With all of the dealerships Chrysler shut down, some of them very good ones, this one managed to stay open.
Ok, I'm done, (for now) ;-)
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the responses, my fear is that my steering wheel will only get worse through the years and i might as well take the free one. I unfortunetly dont have enough time in the day to deal with another dealership or chrysler.
ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Walmart have steering wheel covers, get one for 5-6 bucks and be done

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.