REAR DRUM IN HAT PARK BRAKE (ROTOR INSTALLED) USING ADJUSTING TOOL
Adjustment can be made with a standard brake gauge or with adjusting tool . Adjustment is performed with the complete brake assembly installed on the backing plate.
1. Be sure parking brake lever is fully released.
2. Raise vehicle so rear wheels can be rotated freely.
3. Remove plug from each access hole in brake support plates.
4. Insert adjusting tool through support plate access hole and engage tool in teeth of adjusting screw star wheel .
5. Rotate adjuster screw star wheel (move tool handle upward) until slight drag can be felt when wheel is rotated.
6. Push and hold adjuster lever away from star wheel with thin screwdriver.
7. Back off adjuster screw star wheel until brake drag is eliminated.
8. Repeat adjustment at opposite wheel. Be sure adjustment is equal at both wheels.
9. Install support plate access hole plugs.
10. Lower vehicle.
11. Apply park brake hand lever and make sure park brakes hold the vehicle stationary.
12. Release park brake hand lever.