Repair a cigarette burn? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Repair a cigarette burn?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
caro1224
2010 KK Liberty 

Repair a cigarette burn?

I have seen several older threads about ways to repair a cigarette burn but I wanted some fresh advice. I have a 2010 Liberty with cloth seats that are gray and black. I have two burns on the passenger seat that I need to repair, one the size of a cigarette butt and one really tiny. I would like the cheapest option that still makes it look good as new.. Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks!

caro1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

You can do it yourself.

Get yourself a good razor blade and some transparent glue. Apply a tiny dab of glue where the burn is.. Find a part of your cloth seats that is hidden and begin to scrape away some cloth with the razor. With your fingertip dab the stuff you scraped off and stick it on the burn. You will still be able to tell there was a burn there before but it does cover it up some. I did this on my last car and it worked quite well.

Hope this helps.
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
88BlueGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSOUSA View Post
You can do it yourself.

Get yourself a good razor blade and some transparent glue. Apply a tiny dab of glue where the burn is.. Find a part of your cloth seats that is hidden and begin to scrape away some cloth with the razor. With your fingertip dab the stuff you scraped off and stick it on the burn. You will still be able to tell there was a burn there before but it does cover it up some. I did this on my last car and it worked quite well.

Hope this helps.
Wow, great advice. I'm definitely going to try this
88BlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Also, don't smoke (or allow anyone else to smoke) in your Jeep and you won't get cig burns to start with. I am an occasional Cigar smoker myself and I NEVER smoke in my vehicle. Just the smoke itself is enough to wreck the interior of your car,even before you worry about ash burns.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.