Renegades? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Renegades?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
nerdyredhead
2011 KK Liberty 

Renegades?

Is it just me or are there very few Renegades out there? I see sports and Jets and limiteds all the time but I have yet to see another Renegade out in the wild. Do you think lack of buying is why Jeep discontinued the Renegade package?

nerdyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:41 AM   #2
csmall

I have a 2010 one. I did a search online in a 500 mile radius and only saw 2 used ones for sale. They seem rare, at least in NY. Or people with renegades are happy with them and keeping them. All I see for sale are sports and limiteds.
csmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

The Renegade Pkg is a good looking Pkg. My thoughts are along the line that not enough people think of the Liberty as a take off road vehicle so they don't understand the thought behind the Renegade marketing. I like and wanted a Renegade, but once I found out that Jeep no longer included the Select Trac as part of the Pkg I started to expand my search of Liberty models as to the options I wanted. I ended up buying a 70th Anniversary Edition, in a sport model that gave me everything I wanted a Renegade plus more for less money by around $1,000. Yes, I didn't get the hood black out or the grey metalic fender flares or black out head lights. And I will need to buy a more aggressive 235-75-17 set of tires, but I got what I wanted, liked and is every bit as off road worthy.
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
csmall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
The Renegade Pkg is a good looking Pkg. My thoughts are along the line that not enough people think of the Liberty as a take off road vehicle so they don't understand the thought behind the Renegade marketing. I like and wanted a Renegade, but once I found out that Jeep no longer included the Select Trac as part of the Pkg I started to expand my search of Liberty models as to the options I wanted. I ended up buying a 70th Anniversary Edition, in a sport model that gave me everything I wanted a Renegade plus more for less money by around $1,000. Yes, I didn't get the hood black out or the grey metalic fender flares or black out head lights. And I will need to buy a more aggressive 235-75-17 set of tires, but I got what I wanted, liked and is every bit as off road worthy.
My 2010 renegade has select trac, is that the year they stopped?
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

It was either later in 2010 or 2011. When I started looking all the Jeep information lead you to believe that the Renegade came standard with the Select Trac, but at some point they began making it an option on the entire Liberty model line. I came very close to buying a Renegade what had the Command Trac on it as standard equipment.
My must have options included select trac, tow pkg, skid plate pkg, and leather. Figured that with these options I would have a more than capable off road equipped Liberty....however I still need a more capable A/T tire and better ground clearance. Nothing another $3,000 won't cover.
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
csmall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
It was either later in 2010 or 2011. When I started looking all the Jeep information lead you to believe that the Renegade came standard with the Select Trac, but at some point they began making it an option on the entire Liberty model line. I came very close to buying a Renegade what had the Command Trac on it as standard equipment.
My must have options included select trac, tow pkg, skid plate pkg, and leather. Figured that with these options I would have a more than capable off road equipped Liberty....however I still need a more capable A/T tire and better ground clearance. Nothing another $3,000 won't cover.
I've only had mine for around two weeks. My first american vehicle. My renegade came with a few additional options so it's pretty much fully loaded. I'm enjoying it on the streets right now and hope to take it off road in the near future. From what I've read and heard it's a pretty capable off road vehicle, even at stock.
Unread 10-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
wrong36
2011 KK Liberty 

my 2011 renegade has all those options... select-trac, skid plates, tow package, leather, sat/nav. i dig this thing so far! [and it's my 4th jeep]
2011jeep_liberty_renegade.jpg  
wrong36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

I have a white 2011 renegade. Has Select trac and skid plates. Only ever seen one other renegade in person, i love that fact that there pretty rare.
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
csmall

Did all 2010 renegades come with the blackout headlights? Or was it optional?
Unread 10-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I am thinking that the blackout headlights were part of the Renegade appearance package from day one. But then my wife tells me I an seldom right.
Unread 10-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
csmall

I'll have to check mine
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
WA_KK
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm about 99% positive all renegades come with the black out headlights. It's one of the things listed as a feature that sets it apart from a sport or a limited.
WA_KK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
gkp26
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a 2011 white Renegade, and the only other one I have seen was a silver '10 at a local dealership for sale, but haven't seen another one yet
gkp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #14
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_KK View Post
I'm about 99% positive all renegades come with the black out headlights. It's one of the things listed as a feature that sets it apart from a sport or a limited.
I'm 100% positive....

... unless in the case of sequence issues given to the factory, which may go unnoticed.
Unread 10-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #15
csmall

Searching around online, it seems that the 2010 renegades are somewhat rare. I searched in a 500 mile radius and found about 4 with varying features.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.