Renegade Hood decals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Renegade Hood decals

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Renegade Hood decals

So I was looking around online for the Renegade Hood decals that go down the side of the hood like the Rubicon ones on Wranglers and discovered that they are about $200, certainly not what I am willing to pay for hood decals. I've heard of people doing this with plasti-dip but I just don't see how that would work. Do I use a stencil? tape it off? Just plasti dip a spot and cut out the lettering? If anybody has any pictures or a how-to on this that would be awesome, thanks.

Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I think what the others are referring to is plasti dipping the large blacked out area on the hood.

I'm guessing you mean this...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...d+decal&_frs=1
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah I've seen the blackout convos going on as well. but at some point a while ago I read that someone had plasti-dipped the renegade lettering on as well. However the design your own text one I haven't seen before, I will probably look into that one. But for $12 that now seems too low haha. Wondering about the quality of it.
Yakima Loadwarrior
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Here ya go, I've used them a few times and highly recommend.

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/inde...tegory&path=39
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Here ya go, I've used them a few times and highly recommend.

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/inde...tegory&path=39
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. Was also thinking about painting or plasti-dipping the fairing on my Yakima loadwarrior and putting a jeep decal on the front.
Yakima Loadwarrior
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. Was also thinking about painting or plasti-dipping the fairing on my Yakima loadwarrior and putting a jeep decal on the front.
O'Reilley's sells the big Jeep windshield decals for under 15 or so. My brother bought me one, but I didn't want it on the windshield. Might start a sticker window on one of the rear side windows.
Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.