Remote start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Remote start

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 11-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
92rado

Remote start

Has anybody installed the OEM remote start? I know I can do the install and I'll have to get the keys cut. Just curious if you really have to have the dealer install it like it says.

92rado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
jeepster-d
2009 KK Liberty 

Mine has a 3rd party remote starter. It's a separate fob for the key chain and it works great. It's got a longer range than the factory one on my Wife's Impala. I didn't install it - I bought my jeep used and it was already on it. I wouldn't have gone for a factory one anyway, it would've cost too much to add in.
jeepster-d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
92rado

That's cool. What brand is yours?
92rado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
jeepster-d
2009 KK Liberty 

The fob has "codealarm" stamped on it. I work in a 13 story building, my cube is on the 11th floor. I can remote start my car in the lot at ground level from my window - that's a range of roughly 120 to 130 feet. My Wife's factory installed remote won't hit any further than maybe 50 feet. I don't know if Jeeps factory unit has greater range or not though ...
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

They claim 800 feet with the factory one. Any interference and you may as well think 20 feet. I have heard you need to be in direct line of sight with no walls. I have had many after market ones in the last and I could start my truck from inside my work 300 yards away. If range is what you want then go after market. If you want to maintain factory and only have to carry around one key fob then go factory.
Unread 11-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
jeepin79
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the factory remote start and I can start my Liberty from my office on the second floor on the opposite end of the building. I am very pleased with it.
jeepin79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

I was thinking of adding it to my KK

the oem one look Im very technical and install looks simple...any ideas how much dealer will charge to code the module?

This one

PN 82211441AE

Install Link
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
JSAN

I recently had a viper security alarm and remote starter installed.

The remote has a range of 1 mile, which is really amazing.

I've also got smartstart installed, basically I can start my jeep from anywhere in the world using iphone or android phone. it sends alerts to my phone, if the alarm has been triggered, and has a gps locator to locate the car, speed and direction of the jeep.
JSAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

I would like to install the oem one also.... i dont want another fob on my key chain...has anyone installed the mopar oem one ?
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
Liberty6

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got one installed when I took delivery of my new 2011 liberty, only issue I have is that it does'nt stay running long enough. I asked my service adviser at the dealership if you could go into the computer and extend the running time and he said won't do it. You would think with all the computer and electronic stuff you'd be able to just hook up to the computer and just download a new program.
Anyway I still like it.
010.jpg  
Liberty6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

how long does it stay running for? Most OEMs are limited to 20 minutes
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

There are two run time settings on the factory unit, I don't recall the run times. My last Jeep had a Compustar and you could change it with the remote control. That's probably the top of the line remote system out there.

Dave
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

You might want to check this out on the Nitroforunz.com site http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=34396 . A remote starter for $115 and a 10 minute install. Just remember you get what you pay for in starter units. Also check out fortinbypass.com site for the bypass module info and all the starter companies and models that work with it. The thread is in the knowledge base section so you will have to log-in.

Dave
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
jeepster-d
2009 KK Liberty 

My starter is supposed to shut the car down after about 10 minutes but just after I got the thing I wanted to test it. I went down to the basement and hit the remote start. It worked, and then I hit the button again - I thought it was supposed to shut it down. I went out about an hour later and it was still running. I haven't tried it again, leaving it run that long that is. It does have a security interlock too,after remote starting I got in and and put the key in the ignition but didn't turn it all the way to the run postion. When I put my foot on the brake pedal it shut down immediately. I had to cycle the key to get it to start again - turn it all the way off and back over to start.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #15
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

The OEM Start right from the manual

--

Press and release the REMOTE START button
on the RKE transmitter twice within five sec-
onds. The parking lights will flash and the horn
will chirp twice (if programmed). Then, the
engine will start and the vehicle will remain in the
Remote Start mode for a 15-minute cycle.
---

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.