"remote" 12v power ports - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > "remote" 12v power ports

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

"remote" 12v power ports

I would like to add at least one, preferably two 12v lighter sockets to the upper dash area above the radio. Is there enough depth there to mount this?

On a recent 1400 mile road trip, my new Liberty Arctic performed flawlessly. The power cords for the dash mounted GPS and cell phones however were a constant distraction as they were dangling in front of the 430 radio display. Relocating the socket(s) to the upper dash would make future trips more manageable.

DavidDulin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Hi David,
I recently added a second power socket to my KK and wrote it up on LOST. Here is the link.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=45&t=72386
--LFH
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

That was an interesting write up, and the second outlet looks factory. I want to mount mine in the "sunglasses pocket" above the vents to avoid cables dangling down the dash.
Unread 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I don't know if there is space behind the sunglasses holder bin, but would be interested to know if there is. I think this would be a good place to flush-mount a ScanGauge. If you find out, please post it up here. Best, --LFH
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Route your wires from your gps through the grab handle. More more wires in front of the radio.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward
I don't know if there is space behind the sunglasses holder bin, but would be interested to know if there is. I think this would be a good place to flush-mount a ScanGauge. If you find out, please post it up here. Best, --LFH
There is. I have my gps antenna up there.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

**fail**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post

I pulled the dash bezel today using a set of dash tools from BoJo. I could not get the bin out, it was attached in the rear somehow, and i was not interested in breaking it to find out how. I was able to pry it up, and there appears to be a support running behind the back wall, no space to install the sockets. This mission is on hold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.