Remember my post of JBA lift or motorcycle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Remember my post of JBA lift or motorcycle?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Remember my post of JBA lift or motorcycle?

Awhile back I had a post of trying to choose between doing a JBA lift on the KK or picking up a pre-pleasured Nomad or Vulcan motorcycle. You all gave me a wealth of feedback, so I thought I would let you know which direction I went.

The lift would be nice, the motorcycle fun....so the choice was:

Unread 02-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice.
Love the colors!
Drednot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Nice car for your wife or girlfriend
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Gyrocaptain
2007 KJ Liberty 

I've seen both and that looks like neither.

Nice

Gyro
Gyrocaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Nice....good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Someone beat me to the "that's neither" comment. Have fun with it.

Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
It is a very pretty white isn't it?
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Well it's a v8. Manual or auto? Either way it looks good. Good luck with it (:
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Oh come on now, I'm at the a little past middle age crazy point in my life...I'm keeping it for myself. They can drive their own car.

It is a manual transmission with 23,550 miles on it and runs real sweet. It will be my take a weekend cruise nice weather top down back twisty road toy. All the previous owners were also older gentlemen who used it for the same purpose but then reached the age where the clutch became too much for them to work with.

I still have the 2011 KK, and when things slow down I will still be adding the JBA lift to her.

So now I am content, I have the 1999 Mustang GT 35th Anniversary Limted Edition, the 2011 Liberty 70th Anniversary Edition, and my 2006 work horse F250 Reg cab V10 manual transmission truck. Toss in the diesel pusher motorhome and what else could I want?
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #10
HMNG-Liberty
2012 KK Liberty 

why not an 03-04 Cobras instead?
HMNG-Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Back in 1999 I was out driving with my daughter and pulled into a Ford dealers lot as a transport truck was pulling in. There was a 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Mustang on that transport in Silver that we both fell in love with the looks. So I bought it as it hit the ground. She babied that car, doing the maintance and performance adds to it with her own hands and cash..I still have her nitrous bottle out in my garage today. Fast forward a few years, she is now married, her husband was driving the car, got tired and pulled into a strangers driveway to rest his eyes. Fell sound asleep with his foot mashed down full on the gas pedal. Motor overheated, blew and caught fire burning the car to the ground.

Over the years we watched for another 35th Limited to come to market. This last July this one first appeared in our sights. The seller and I spoke many times, however my mother had taken ill and I just never had the time to drive the 500 mile round trip to check the car out. Even as Mom was laid up in the hospital bed she would say "go ahead and go take a look at that Mustang, I'll wait here until you get back". Mom passed away the end of August and I have been dealing with taking care of the estate. Then a few weeks ago this Mustang reappeared for sale by the same owner. The owner and I reconnected, spoke some more and the wife and I took the time to make the drive to check the car out. A quick test drive in the rain, and a hand shake later the deal was done.

I told the seller that I would give him a deposit and come back in a week or so to trailer the Mustang home. I wouldn't drive it home due to the car still sitting on the original tires from 1999. They may have looked perfect, but they are still 14 years old. He refused the down payment and said I could pay for the car when I picked it up and that a personal check would be fine.

So, as for why I didn't go with a Cobra...family memories, a formed bond, and a story that will be passed along with the car when the first grandchild gets her drivers license here in a few years.

It wasn't about the money, the power, or the baddest....it was about the past.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #12
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Unread 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Wow that really is clean. The market is huge for them performance wise, so they can be made pretty quick. Either way you had a reason for it, so enjoy the car. Now, get out there with a camera and do a burnout. You need to kill the old tires anyways, and Ford built them to do burnouts with those tiny rear tires lol.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Update:

I ended up also buying a 2007 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 with 6,300 miles on it. Looks like the JBA will be next, the list is down to JBA being the only thing remaining.
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #15
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
Update:

I ended up also buying a 2007 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 with 6,300 miles on it. Looks like the JBA will be next, the list is down to JBA being the only thing remaining.
Lol. You crack me up!

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.