Regular maintenance? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Regular maintenance?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 12-31-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Regular maintenance?

Quick question: I've had my 2008 Liberty for two years now and aside from regular oil changes, I've done nothing in way of service items. I only just passed 10,000 miles a week ago so I figured I was safe, but I wanted to check. Is there any kind of basic maintenance that I should have done already, like change the air filter, rotate tires, etc.? Even though it's been two years, I drive so few miles (only 5K/year) that I wasn't sure. I've never brought my KK in for service so no maintenance at all has been done to it since I bought it brand new (except oil changes). I know I'm due for some new wiper blades, but that's about all I'm sure of.

Thanks in advance!

Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

Go to page 452 in your owner's manual. In this section it tells you what to do every month, as well as every oil change and also has a maintenance schedule on page 455 that goes by both months and miles (which ever comes first). From the looks of it, there are a few items you need to do since it has been so long. If you don't have the hard copy of the owner's manual you can download it on pdf format from the jeep website.
Unread 12-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

One thing that my manual calls for on my 2010 is to rotate tires each oil change (6,000mi or 6mo). I think this is a money maker plan for the dealer if you go to dealership for each oil change. I have 13,000mi being towed and 5,000mi driving = 18,000mi on tires since new 5mo ago, and can neither see nor feel any reason to rotate the tires when I have oil & filter changed next month. I do want all fluid levels checked each 6,000mi/6m, not only at 12,000mi/12mo, as called for in service manual.

My odometer only shows the 5,000mi actually driven. I am keeping a total mileage record for tire wear and driveline purposes.
royhkeith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsburton84 View Post
Go to page 452 in your owner's manual. In this section it tells you what to do every month, as well as every oil change and also has a maintenance schedule on page 455 that goes by both months and miles (which ever comes first). From the looks of it, there are a few items you need to do since it has been so long. If you don't have the hard copy of the owner's manual you can download it on pdf format from the jeep website.
Thanks!
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.