Recommended roof rack and basket? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Recommended roof rack and basket?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
jimd118
2009 KK Liberty 

Recommended roof rack and basket?

Hi Guys,
I just got a 2009 Jeep liberty and do a lot of traveling for my photography business. A roof rack with a few lights is the first thing I could use on the jeep right away. What would you guys recommend for a rack and basket combo thats fairly easy to install on a 2009 since they dont have any form of a rack system stock? Appreciate any info you can give and pictures of your set ups. Never installed one of these before so appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Jim

jimd118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

here is what I did:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/...alled-1344518/
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I picked up a Valley Products roof basket from a Cabela's tent sale (customer returns) and made a few modifications to fit my 2000XJ. Then built a light bar using a 2"x2" aluminum fence post from Menard's. The light bar was under a $100 with the idea coming from this website. Very happy with the result. Lots of light when you need it and well protected by the basket from low branches.

jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
jimd118
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks Guys, I ended up getting the Rocky Road Outfitters heavy duty rack system that fits in the stock fittings, putting the 55x65 outback basket on it. Also got the Black horse grille guard, putting two KC foglights on it and four Daylighters up on the basket.
jimd118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
LUV4JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd118
Thanks Guys, I ended up getting the Rocky Road Outfitters heavy duty rack system that fits in the stock fittings, putting the 55x65 outback basket on it. Also got the Black horse grille guard, putting two KC foglights on it and four Daylighters up on the basket.
Sounds nice take some pics I'd like to see it!
LUV4JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I just went to an REI Garage sale and picked up a Yakima Load warrior for $75.00, it was a customer return. It was missing the fairing but I had all of the hardware. It looks great! Will post some pciks soon.
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
GoodPrepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd118 View Post
Let me know how it works for you. I have the RR Outfitter roof rack also. It has held up well during my 7 months of testing but the install required some more work than it should have.
GoodPrepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Installed it a couple of days ago. It is a second hand Yakima load warior. What I like about it they have some real nice attachments for lights, extender bars, Tire carrier, cargo net and bike racks. Good luck on your install.
jeep007.jpg  
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Installed it a couple of days ago. It is a second hand Yakima load warior. What I like about it they have some real nice attachments for lights, extender bars, Tire carrier, cargo net and bike racks. Good luck on your install.
Is the hat and coat on the back of the seat an anti theft device?
Unread 09-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

LOL, well in Paterson it couldn't hurt and I am not one of those people that will try and ride the HOV lane during "rush hour" Actually, whenever I go fishing I keep misplacing my darn hat; keeping it there I will always know where it is.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.