Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rear fold down set won't go back upright

720 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TJ's02TJ 
#1 ·
So last night, I fold down the rear seats to fit some kitchen cabinets in. The 60% portion didn't want to fold flat without a little muscle. The 40 portion folded flat easily.

After unloading, the 40% portion clicked back upright easily, but the 60% portion wouldn't click, it'd just fall back forward. Seems the pull cord no longer has any tension on that either. Anyone know how to fix this?

I've loaded way heavier cargo in the past without issues.

#2 ·
bigx5murf said:
So last night, I fold down the rear seats to fit some kitchen cabinets in. The 60% portion didn't want to fold flat without a little muscle. The 40 portion folded flat easily. After unloading, the 40% portion clicked back upright easily, but the 60% portion wouldn't click, it'd just fall back forward. Seems the pull cord no longer has any tension on that either. Anyone know how to fix this? I've loaded way heavier cargo in the past without issues.
I'll take a guess, perhaps something an outside object fell and got stuck in the seat mechanism which could of caused it to Jam. Lower and raise my seats all the time, so far no issues. Hope it's a simple fix for you.

#4 ·
Usually if my seat doesn't want to fold down it is because something has gotten under the bottom of the seat. It could be possible this happened and in forcing the seat down you could have broken the cable or jammed it up like previously mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.